“Total relaxation”

Narittaya Resort and Spa
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Total relaxation”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Narittaya is a very special resort. Relaxing, beautiful location, excellent service and truly outstanding food. As I was visiting my grandchildrens' school on the 2 mornings we took breakfast I could not savour this experience as much as I would have liked as we had to leave at 8.00am. However, we shall be back to enjoy the delicious home made bread and conserves.
I've marked the spa as excellent even though I did not use it myself. This is based on my husband's report and if they managed to keep him happy it must be great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NarittayaChiangmai, Manager at Narittaya Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Denise247,

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed our services, especially the SPA. On your next visit we hope you will have more time to enable us to pamper you with our services once again.

Sincerely yours

Narittaya Resort and Spa Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What can I say about narritaya? Not a bad word for sure.
This place is special. Very unique.
A little piece of peace in the chiang mai hills.... An oasis of veggies and organic food.
What makes this place special is the service- it is seriously heart felt. It is the absolute opposite of a cold 5 star resort. It is not 5 star as mentioned in another review but makes up for it in soul and that makes it so comfortable.
The restaurant is the highlight- teddy and co make seriously good food. Highly recommend- morning glory, wraps, anything with smoked duck, matabak. We felt so welcome trying new dishes and tasters. What a great food experience and all looking out over the veggie patches!
The private pool villas are a must-book and the photos online don't do them justice.

• Stayed September 2013
NarittayaChiangmai, Manager at Narittaya Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Your review was lovely, and I think really pointed out some of the highlights of the resort. Teddy is very talented in the kitchen and he and the rest of the staff are exceedingly skilled at providing first rate service. We really feel going" extra mile" will set us apart from other resorts in Chiang Mai so it's very validating to have our guests recognize our efforts.

We hope you'll have a chance to come back and visit again soon. Until then, all the best...

Your friends at Narittaya
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and I (2 young kids) just spent 3 weeks in Narittaya. We loved it and have already booked for next year! It is not a hugely fancy place with extensive facilities, and for anyone wanting gold-standard luxury this is not the place. But what it lacks in infrastructure, it more than makes up in ambience and spirit. The staff are simply wonderful, with a warmth that goes beyond even the legendary Thai hospitality. As an example, one evening we arrived back late from a restaurant in town in pouring tropical rain and our 5-yr old daughter had fallen asleep in the car. As my wife and I wondered how we would get her from the car to the room (50m walk), we drove in to Narittaya to have the hotel manager and the night guard welcome us with open umbrellas - they escorted me, getting soaked, whilst I held my daughter dry under the umbrellas. This goes far beyond the call of customer service; it shows heart and caring. The grounds of the resort are beautiful, and with its rural setting (but still just 20 minutes from the centre of Chiang Mai) it affords lovely walks and bike rides. The real gem in Narittaya, though, is the kitchen. The Thai food is very different to what you would find in more traditional restaurants, with a fabulous mix and match of flavours and food textures. Even the basic tom yum kung has a subtlety and refinement that is delicious. The lightly batter fried morning glory with the sour-spicy sauce is difficult to define in words - it has to be tasted to be believed. This is a place to unwind, to eat great food, to do some yoga (with the brilliant teacher Hiromi), to indulge occasionally in the spa, to read, to walk and cycle. It is also a great base to explore Chiang Mai and surroundings - rent a car and have tons of fun in beautiful Chiang Mai. I highly recommend the drive from the resort up to Samoeng and then from there to Mae Rim, a gorgeous trip through the forested mountains that can be made in to a full day with elephant camp and lunch and orchid farm, etc all along the way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
After reading your review, we have come to the conclusion that we need to hire you as a content writer for our website and other marketing materials:-) lol. Your review was great to read...insightful and detailed.

Although we only had a chance to spend a little time together before I left to for my visit to the United States, I do remember you and your lovely family and so glad you enjoyed your three weeks at the resort. I hope you'll come back and enjoy the food in the yoga once more. We have a lot of great plans on the horizon and look forward to sharing these ongoing improvements with returning guests.

All the best from your friends at Narrittaya
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I spent 3 days at the resort and thoroughly enjoyed myself, thank you Narittaya. I will be honest and say that the resort was obviously in need of some updating especially in the rooms as I love my comfort but it can be described as good value for money. What makes Narittaya special is the wonderful staff that go out of their way to make your stay as memorable as possible. What ever the resort lacked in facilities they made up for with spirit. I would definitely stay there again just to experience their heart warming Thai hospitality.

Room Tip: Bring lots of bug spray!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking some time to write us a review. Obviously, we are elated when we hear that our service and staff have done a great job. We hope you will come back and enjoy the resort again, as we have plans to renovate as well as continue update the rooms. We hope they'll be to your liking on your next visit.
All the best from your friends at Narrittaya
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Narritaya resort for a second time and this time I brought the family along.
First time my wife and I stayed we had peace and quiet and were so pleased at how friendly and helpful the Resort staff were.
The second time I was not supprised to find that the staff again really went out of their way to ensure our time was memorable.
Amazing on site restaraunt which grows its own vegetables which youcan see being picked in a truly beautiful garden which is constantly maintained
The Accommodation itself is absoluley prestine and magical, Whether your staying as a couple or with your family.
Location is perfect.....approximately 15-20 mins from the airport located south west of the main Chiang mai centre. Away from all the hustle and bustle giving peace and quiet throughout. All the Sights are within a 20 minute driving range.
I have travelled all over the world and stayed in some truly magnificent places but I have to say the Narritaya Resort and Spa is up their at the top. It will certainly take some beating.

Room Tip: The best tip I can give is to make sure you switch off your telephone and kick back and relax. The...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael7940
NarittayaChiangmai, Manager at Narittaya Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hi Mick!
We have all sorts of folks come through the resort and we enjoy each one of them. Every once in a while we see a familiar face and it makes our job even more fun. Thank you for coming back to Narittaya and for your great review! We miss seeing you and your little ones playing around the resort and hope we might entice you and your lovely family back for a 3rd time!

Until then, take care of yourself while away at work and our best to you're whole gang!

In health and happiness,

Your Friends at Natittaya
West Point, Virginia
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I traveled around the world this summer, and looking back on all our accomodations and human encounters, our four days at Narittaya truly stand out. We'll never forget our time there and certainly harbor the hope of going back. Since our son lives in Chiangmai, a return trip is possible and, really, one of our motives in making one would be to go back to this resort. For details, we agree fully with Todd B's review.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi Bret, You were a pleasure to have at the Resort and we loved talking with you about all of your travel adventures. We are also glad your son escaped the dreaded Dengue Fever and it turned out to be something far less serious.

We hope you will come back, until then...we will keep a place reserved for you overlooking the garden in the restaurant!

All the best,

Your Narittaya Friends
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Narittaya resort is beyond comparison. It offers tremendous value for its guests with spacious modern villa's, beautiful grounds, delicious organic food and a relaxed atmosphere that makes you feel right at home.

I stayed at the resort for 11 days in a modern pool villa and honestly had difficulties in leaving this great place. The very kind and extremely helpful staff, as well as some other really wonderful guests, created a special atmosphere and a truly unique experience.

Pisit, Lita and Poh catered to my every need and for instance made fresh vegetable (detox) smoothies and teas with ingredients hand-picked from their own garden each day.

The resort has a fantastic spa at fair prices and shouldn't be missed. Also, Hiromi offers daily yoga and meditation sessions and does an amazing job at it.

Narittaya is about 20mins by car/scooter from the centre of Chiang Mai, but I did not find this to be a problem at all, as two or three days in Chiang Mai city were sufficient for me. I heard that the resort is planning on implementing a daily transfer service to/from Chiang Mai, so that will make it even easier. Any other day trips can easily be done from here as well and there are bicycles to take you to the nearby canyon, shops and fitness center.

In short: unless you want to be in the midst of the hustle & bustle of Chiang Mai city, this definitely is the place to go for. One word of caution though: it will be difficult to leave!

Room Tip: Try to get a pool villa. It's worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hi Albert, We loved your review because you mentioned how our guests interact with other guests and the staff to make a more personable experience. We loved having you at the resort and the fact that you took full advantage of all that we have to offer with your detox, yoga and spa activities makes you somewhat of a Narittaya expert. We hope we will see you as you round out your Southeast Asia tour. Until then, all the best from your good friends at Narittaya.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hang Dong
Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai - MGallery Collection
North Hill City Resort
North Hill City Resort
#2 of 12 in Hang Dong

Been to Narittaya Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!