“What a fabulous refuge!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Narittaya Resort and Spa

Narittaya Resort and Spa
West Point, Virginia
“What a fabulous refuge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I traveled around the world this summer, and looking back on all our accomodations and human encounters, our four days at Narittaya truly stand out. We'll never forget our time there and certainly harbor the hope of going back. Since our son lives in Chiangmai, a return trip is possible and, really, one of our motives in making one would be to go back to this resort. For details, we agree fully with Todd B's review.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NarittayaChiangmai, Manager at Narittaya Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hi Bret, You were a pleasure to have at the Resort and we loved talking with you about all of your travel adventures. We are also glad your son escaped the dreaded Dengue Fever and it turned out to be something far less serious.

We hope you will come back, until then...we will keep a place reserved for you overlooking the garden in the restaurant!

All the best,

Your Narittaya Friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Narittaya resort is beyond comparison. It offers tremendous value for its guests with spacious modern villa's, beautiful grounds, delicious organic food and a relaxed atmosphere that makes you feel right at home.

I stayed at the resort for 11 days in a modern pool villa and honestly had difficulties in leaving this great place. The very kind and extremely helpful staff, as well as some other really wonderful guests, created a special atmosphere and a truly unique experience.

Pisit, Lita and Poh catered to my every need and for instance made fresh vegetable (detox) smoothies and teas with ingredients hand-picked from their own garden each day.

The resort has a fantastic spa at fair prices and shouldn't be missed. Also, Hiromi offers daily yoga and meditation sessions and does an amazing job at it.

Narittaya is about 20mins by car/scooter from the centre of Chiang Mai, but I did not find this to be a problem at all, as two or three days in Chiang Mai city were sufficient for me. I heard that the resort is planning on implementing a daily transfer service to/from Chiang Mai, so that will make it even easier. Any other day trips can easily be done from here as well and there are bicycles to take you to the nearby canyon, shops and fitness center.

In short: unless you want to be in the midst of the hustle & bustle of Chiang Mai city, this definitely is the place to go for. One word of caution though: it will be difficult to leave!

Room Tip: Try to get a pool villa. It's worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Albert, We loved your review because you mentioned how our guests interact with other guests and the staff to make a more personable experience. We loved having you at the resort and the fact that you took full advantage of all that we have to offer with your detox, yoga and spa activities makes you somewhat of a Narittaya expert. We hope we will see you as you round out your Southeast Asia tour. Until then, all the best from your good friends at Narittaya.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Narittaya is hands down, and by far, the most tranquil resort I've ever experienced. Thailand is gorgeous on its own... then add an incredibly friendly staff, amazing fresh food (greens picked daily from the organic garden viewable from the restaurant), and quiet tranquil energy that is almost visible it is so apparent. I highly recommend. This is the first review I have ever written in my life... that is how much Narittaya, in a short 10day stay, had an effect on me. I WILL return to Thailand to revisit my new family away from home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Todd B
NarittayaChiangmai, Manager at Narittaya Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
You are indeed welcome back to Narritaya anytime. We all enjoyed the time you spent here and loved the photography you shot that we saw posted on Facebook! We hope your trip back to Austin was smooth and please drop us a line from time to time to keep up with your new friends and family here at Narittaya.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Staying at Narittaya feels like staying at a Four Seasons run by your good friends. Everything at the resort has been carefully thought through from the delicious fresh baked breads every morning to the fluent English spoken by all the staff we met. Pisit, Lita and Teddy work together with the other staff to make it feel like this resort practically runs itself. That is to say, they always have time to have a genuine conversation, they never seem stressed and always have a smile on their faces. They take joy in your joy and provide an excellent environment to truly unwind and experience their delicious home grown food, spacious gardens and comfy rooms (with the best best pillows in Thailand).

On any given day you might see them freshly pick the salad you just ordered from the garden while Beaver and Barrett are playing soccer/football with the guests kids in the background. These two guys are very consciousness and consistently strive to make a guests feel at home by adding a warm personal touch to most everything they do.

I have stayed at almost 30 places in the past 6 months and Narrittaya is at the top of my list for Thailand. I hope I can return to visit my new friends there someday very soon.

Room Tip: The pool villas are awesome!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Theo Y
NarittayaChiangmai, Manager at Narittaya Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
We feel fortunate to be able to provide a clean and warm "sanctuary" for our guests. We appreciate the review you wrote and hope we can continue to live up to the positive recommendation you provided! Thank you again!!!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I write this review as I am sitting in the Narittaya Restaurant eating my favorite item on the menu, the Vegetable Wrap, and looking out at the Organic Garden being tended below. I will be staying here for another 3 weeks, but can't wait that long to write my review for this little piece of Heaven on Earth!

The property is gorgeous… organic gardens throughout, a duck pond, villas scattered around the property, all surrounded by trees, greenery, peace and quiet. There are garden villas and pool villas, a resort pool, bikes to roam around on, free wifi and a beautiful spa.

The rooms are extremely comfortable and clean. We stayed in a One Bedroom Pool Villa for a week and loved it so much, that we moved into a Monthly Rental Two Bedroom. The rooms are well appointed with room to "unpack" your things and settle in. Big cushy bath towels, down comforters, lots of pillows for lounging on the floor or on a love seat, a mini fridge and separate shower and bathtub are just a few of the things that bring luxury to Narittaya. The One Bedroom Pool Villa even has an outdoor bathtub and a covered lounge area to practice yoga or just chill.

One of the most spectacular things about Narittaya is the food. Much of what is served comes from their organic garden and you can literally watch them pick the lettuce for the salad you just ordered… not only is it fresh, organic and healthy, but it is DELICIOUS too! A few must haves include the Egg White Frittata, Fresh Baked Bread and Jams, Vegetarian Wrap with Grilled Vegetables and Baked Ricotta Cheese, Narittaya Somtum and Taro Parcel, which all make great Vegetarian dishes. I hear the Mataba and Grilled Chicken and Avocado Sandwich are good too. Their famed chef, Teddy, has been away, but they've had a guest French Chef who has also created many spectacular specials since we arrived, including a Coconut Creme Brûlée served in a Coconut!

What really makes Narittaya special though is the staff… Pisit, Lita, Beaver and Barrett are like family… they are all extremely friendly, engaging and helpful. They have shared their culture and their lives with us, everything from showing us the local Hang Dong Market, to taking us out for a night in the Old City, even feeding the local Buddhist Monks breakfast with us during their morning walk. They speak excellent English and always have a smile and helping attitude.

Hiromi teaches yoga and caters to each individual and their level of practice and understanding. It's been fun to learn a new style of yoga, Sivananda, and to share stories of teacher trainings and meditation retreats.

I already miss this place and I haven't even left yet!! Thanks Narittaya for making us feel so at home!

BTW… Care for Dogs, the Chiang Mai Animal Rescue facility, is located within walking distance to Narittaya… there are many beautiful beings there who could use some love and attention. If you have some extra time, stop by, tell Monica I (Kenna) sent you, meet the pups and maybe spend some time volunteering or adopt one to take home! We did!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a lovely review from our good friend. We enjoyed having you at the resort as much as you enjoyed being here. We look forward to seeing you again when you come back to do your wellness retreats.
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I don't usually write reviews on Tripadvisor, but this place is so special that I just had to make an exception...

Quite by coincidence I stumbled upon this gem in January 2013 whilst looking for accommodation for a week to do a massage course at the nearby SPA Thai Massage School. It turned out that the school and the resort are related and my massage course was given at the beautifully appointed spa of the resort. It only seemed appropriate to stay here during the course and I am so glad I did! I stayed in one of the Garden Villas and the staff looked after me very well. The meals cooked by Teddy and his staff were out of this world, the beds were extremely comfortable and most appreciated of all, everybody was genuinely nice, helpful and welcoming. Oh, and the resort is so peaceful! Away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, this is truly Thai countryside.

After my week in January I decided to come back to Narittaya and stay for the month of March before going back to the UK. The first week I was accompanied by my niece and they gave us a two-bedroom private pool villa, which was extraordinary. Two huge rooms and even bigger bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers, a big pool and a wonderful sala. When my niece left they moved me to a one-bedroom private pool villa so I have now stayed at every room type they have available. The villa was extremely well-appointed and clean. The private garden is where I spent most of my time, in the cool shade of the sala, with the occasional dip in the pool. Where it felt very hot when going out, the garden and sala were comfortably cool. There is a bathtub in the garden as well for those romantic evenings. The airconditioning in the room is very effective and quiet, and wireless internet is available throughout the resort. The staff will do anything to make you even happier and everybody speaks very good English, which was a nice bonus.

Chiang Mai is less than 30 minutes away and for me it was the perfect place to come home to after being in the city during the day. Hang Dong, with its colourful market and many street food stalls at night, is only a 15-minute bike ride away on one of the resort's bicycles.

And then there is the restaurant... in a league of it's own, it overlooks the vegetable gardens and during breakfast you can watch (and feel) the sun rise. The food is truly amazing, some of the best dishes I've had in thirty-some years of travelling in Thailand. The items on the breakfast menu are all unusual, original, healthy and tasty. Freshly-baked breads, home-made jams and produce picked from the garden while you enjoy a fresh fruit and/or vegetable and/or herb smoothie give you a very good start of the day ahead.

This is a very special place and I would recommend staying here to everybody who can appreciate the peacefulness of the countryside, exceptionally good food, wonderful accommodation and Thai hospitality.

Khob Khun Ma Khap for looking after me so well and for making me feel at home away from home. Chok dee to you all.

Room Tip: The (very) private pool villas are well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NarittayaChiangmai, Guest Relations Manager at Narittaya Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review. We feel privileged to be able to have guest such as yourself at our resort and truly enjoy being given an opportunity to help make your stay in Thailand one to remember. It is especially gratifying to receive positive feedback from guests who extend their stay with us long enough to become one of our family!

We sincerely hope you will have a chance to pay us another visit. We will look forward to seeing you in our restaurant once again ...enjoying the sunrise and some healthy food with your favorite smoothie in hand to keep you cool as the morning sun kisses your face!
isle of wight
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in March 2013, we had made the reservation online when we where in Bangkok a couple of days before.
After spending a week in Bangkok and a week in Krabi, we wanted to relax and find a retreat in Chiang Mai.
We found this hotel online, read a few reviews and after a couple of Chang beers we booked it!
We landed at night and our only option of transport was friendly, non English speaking Taxi driver.
We drove along the highway and then on to country roads until we came across the resort....Our taxi driver didn't speak much other than gasping as saying "its beautiful". We were welcomed by the manager/owner who checked us in and escorted us to our private villa with pool.
Day broke and we checked out the grounds - Simply put this place is a true retreat.....We were taken back by the tranquil settings and the sense of calmness that we longed for. Stopping on the way to the open sided restaurant, we could here birds chirping and the smell of fresh herbs and vegetables filled us with contentment.
Set in open grounds are private villas, allotments and private, secluded areas for yoga.
The hotel offers complementary pedal bikes, we used these to cycle to Chiang Mai Town.......Don't! although the road is flat, it took us 2 hours.
The following day we hired a scooter from the town - 150btht per day.
We had been to Chiang Mai before, and although we stayed within the Town last time, we managed to see a lot more of Chiang Mai this time on our scooter.
A taxi would cost you about 300 - 400 bht to get from the hotel to Town, so I would certainly suggest hiring a scooter.

I would recommend Narittaya resort to anyone...

Room Tip: Villa with private pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NarittayaChiangmai, Manager at Narittaya Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We are so happy to hear your stay with us was one you remember fondly. Your review of our resort and the story your shared brought smiles to our faces since we know first hand a bike ride into the city center is an ambitious undertaking!

Knowing our guests are able to relax and enjoy the fresh air among the gardens, ponds and groves is why we are here, so thank you for providing such positive feedback.

We hope we will have a chance to see you again if you make it back to Chiang Mai and this time you can use our new free shuttle to take you into town!

All the best,

Khum Phaya Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection
Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel
Marndadee Heritage River Village
Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai - MGallery Collection

Been to Narittaya Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!