“A Hidden Treasure Waiting to be Found”

9 Moo 9 Cafe & Gallery
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Hang Dong
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Home-cooked food using fresh and good-quality ingredients. All food prepared by Siripan on the premises. Pan-fried duck breast, our home-made sausages and pan-dried chicken breast with country salad are the only menu items which do not change. All other items change each week, to offer our customers a wide range of ever-changing choices, both lunches and desserts. Vegetarian options always available.
Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
“A Hidden Treasure Waiting to be Found”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stumbled across this gem of a place while exploring the nearby quarries and what a pleasant find it was. Siripan and Tony are like good friends at the onset willing to talk about anything. Did I mention how great the food is? I concur with so many of the other reviews that this place is worth seeking out even if just for coffee and some exquisite desserts. You will be rewarded with a quiet enclosed garden setting begging you to linger. This off-the-beaten-track spot is on my list when guests arrive in Chiang Mai. It should be on your list too.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dannyol

• Thai first
Hong Kong, China
“Everything they say is true”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Rather pointless writing this place up. All the accolades below are true. Friends of mine who live in Chiangmai treat this as their "go to" place for fresh, interesting and modern western food. The produce is clearly a key factor and the home made items are luscious. Try the sausages!! The grounds are funky with small alcoves and open style dining features. There is a lovely art gallery to take in as well. The whole moment is one of relaxation and perfect food. Hard to say any more really.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mister8888
Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem of a place - always worth the drive”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have introduced many friends to this delightful place and it always lives up to my recommendation. The fresh home cooked food , meticulously served, lovingly prepared and the height of deliciousness is a regularly required treat. Desserts are the best in Chiang Mai. Can't get enough of 9 Moo 9. Thank you.

Visited March 2014
Trier, Germany
“... heavenly food in a very very charming garden restaurant”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had been at 9 Moo 9 the first time four weeks ago for lunch, together with friends who wanted us to see this garden restaurant and cafe, and we had been thrilled by its beauty and were amazed by the wonderful food we had. I only can confirm what the reviewers here said before. The menu is interesting and varied, hard to choose for starter and main course and dessert, as everything looks fantastic and tastes fantastic. I had a very delicious salad as a starter and, as main course, duck breast which was melting in my mouth, could not make it for a dessert as the portions are not small, but had a second glass of their excellent red wine. I should have written down what we ordered. My wife's and our friends' plates looked fantastic too, everybody was very content, and for sure I will try some of the alluring desserts and home-made cakes next time, because we definitely will come back often. A peaceful and charming and beautiful place, heavenly fresh food, relaxed atmosphere, very friendly owner family and staff. Tony speaks German without any accent (usually only professors for German literature are able to do so, and Tony is Englishman), and Siripan is definitely an excellent and versed and experienced cook. The food is fantastic. Prices absolutely reasonable. I do GLADLY RECOMMEND this wonderful place. Open from 10 am to 5 pm from Thursday to Sunday, 9 Moo 9 is worth to spend your time there from the morning to the late afternoon, having conversation with friends and admiring the beauty of the garden and of the architecture of the place or reading and dreaming and easily forgetting over time but not forgetting to taste their delicacies. I was too lazy to see the gallery after the meal, but will do next time and all the times we are back. Thank you for the wonderful hours we spent with you recently. And thanks to Bob and Tong who showed us this little paradise garden.

• Visited February 2014
Tony K, Owner at 9 Moo 9 Cafe & Gallery, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Juergen, Thank you very much for your kind words. I wish that my German were only as good as your English!
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Had a magnificent lunch here today and the food and garden are simply fantastic. The Eton Mess is worth travelling all across Chiang Mai for.
Absolutely wonderful.