Phaya Inn
Pickbaan(Lamphun)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe ownerfree bikesin townnoodlesexcellent value for moneychiang mainight marketsmall townaccommodationenglishthailandcar
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Beautifully furnished rooms, immaculately clean in this lovely hotel. The hotel is also beautiful from the outside. Liberal use of wood and a clever design, the hotel has a really classy feel to it. This all makes the low price quite stunning. Furthermore, the staff are really nice, friendly, helpful, and speak excellent English.

It's not in the centre of town but it's pretty close. I had my own transport so it was 2 mins drive. You could walk it in maybe 15 mins or the hotel could probably lend you a bike. When I return to Lamphun I will stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank MrBozack
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Lamphun is a bit what I remember Chiang Mai to be 20 years ago. Lovely people, amazing temples and not much tourism infrastructure. This is part of the charm of Phaya Inn. Owner/manager Kit is a US trained Thai women with impeccable English and a love for Lamphun. She and her family set us up with bikes, maps, suggestions for food (there is maybe just a couple of restaurants in town) and set us on our way into town. The Phaya Inn is just outside the small downtown core, so the bike was definitely useful. It is a clean, quiet hotel that is very good value for money. Typical of Thai hotels the beds are on the firm side but we slept fine. If you are headed north to or south from Chiang Mai, worth the stopover for a slower pace. We had a great time here. Met some amazing local people and were sorry to leave. Check out the silk production across the road from the Inn. Incredible. Also the Add Up restaurant in town is one of very few options. Do not be deterred by the somewhat cheesy interior appearance. The food is actually quiet good and the outside seating very nice once the heat lifts at the end of the day. A real find was the Note Espresso cafe. Best coffee in Thailand I think. Run by a bunch of cool guys. It is not far from Wat Hariphunchai. It is near number 66 on the tourist map (I think) on the north east side of the old city - just inside the old moat. If you like coffee worth the trip!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank urbannomad69
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The opinions of others on Trip Advisor led me to Phaya Inn -- and I agree with them. I took a mini-bus from Chiang Mai [75 cents] and a 2-bencher back [50 cents] to another world. A town that has next to no signage in English, no tourist groups, attractively planned, filled with astonishing temples -- and this clean modern lodging -- to the point of WiFi in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank PadovaChiangMai
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This is my first trip to Lamphun as I was seeking a short escape from the confusion of town and busy working life. I searched on Tripadvisor and hit Phaya Inn, which indeed deserves the first rank. The inn keeper had been very helpful from the reservation process and during the stay - giving directions, share what to do, where to dine and the rich history of Lamphun. I had discovered the amazing experiences for the great holiday tips and could not believe that there are so much to explore in such a small and peaceful city.

Location wise, the hotel is not all far from Chiang Mai and it is found that Phaya Inn is located in the history route of Lamphun culture - I took a tram visiting 9 temples, museum, and the monument of Queen Jamma Dhevi. The great local dining places including Friday's walking street are just a short distance away by car.

Rooms - the rooms are the best in Lamphun; specious, very clean and well maintained. The ceiling is high and the furniture are made of great quality teak wood. Amenities includes free bottled of water, Wi-Fi, (huge) minibar fridge, big wardrobe, TV with English speaking and local channels, dressing table, telephone, bathroom with hot water and shower. These exceeded my expectation for the price I paid and I am very sure that the place could have sold at double or triple times higher if located in downtown.

Cleanliness - this is the highlight.. Rooms and public spaces are very clean - at a level of 5 star luxury hotels. Heard that the owner used to manage many upper scale luxury resorts in Thailand.

Service - the owners all are very friendly and helpful. Although there is no restaurant in the hotel, but there is a coffee/tea and snacks provided complimentary for breakfast. In-room, there are extensive food menu with delivery service from a local restaurant nearby. Laundry service is also available with reasonable price, I guarantee that your clothes return fresh and clean. Wow!

In Summary, I would highly recommend Phaya Inn to all my family, friends and visitors. I was very impressed with the place and services and will definitely return to this great "Gem" of Lamphun!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
6  Thank Petitgino
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Just only half an hour drive from Chiang Mai to here. Touching of green and fresh air from a nice garden surrounding the hotel. The location is great and easy to get to the famous temple in town. Rooms is nicely decorated. Pretty much enjoys my coffee & juicy drink at the basement of lobby area with speed of 10MB internet offered, I could be their the whole day to enjoys my photo upload to share with my friends in FB . It is a five-minute-ride into the centre which you could find the place for dining. You can get the recomendation of nice restaurant in town from the hotel's staff which you should ever miss to try for. Cozy hotel and very memorable place for you to try.... :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo