“Excellent”

and 1 more site!
Aramis
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nakhon Sawan
Reviewed June 9, 2013

On our way from Bangkok to Chiang Rai, we stopped at this little town searching for a suitable hotel. The hotel is not directly located at the main road, luckily we stumbled across it. We did not have a reservation and just asked at the front desk if they had a room available. They showed it to us and we immediately decided to stay: It was spacious, very clean, beautifully equipped.

The staff got our luggage from the car and while we waited they offered us something to drink without even being asked. We slept very well in the huge bed with all the cushions and pillows and the air condition.

The breakfast buffet was small but very good. They had nice Thai dishes but also Eastern food.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole I

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having travelled around Thailand quite a lot upcountry hotels vary greatly in terms of service, facilities and cleanliness. I'm please to say this is definitely one of the best ones I've stayed in.

Helpful staff, clean hotel with all the required amenities including free wifi, cable TV. The rooms decor best described as "interesting" as it lacks the style of Bangkok hotels, however it is extremely clean and was a great stay for an upcountry hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had stayed in Nakhon Sawan on a previous visit and liked the city. So when I decided to stay again for two nights in mid February, I looked at all the hotels on the south side and the Aramis looked like it could be a good place to stay. Located near the main Bangkok highway, it was easy to find.

On arriving at the hotel I was pleased to see that it looked clean and tidy with a big car park. I'd driven from Chiang Mai and needed a couple of days to relax, intending to take a boat trip out on the big lake of Bong Bhorapet which was about 17km away by road to where the boats left from.

The reception area was big and bright with spotless floors and décor. The staff, from the doormen to the receptionists and cleaners, were all professional, courteous and polite. Some spoke English but not all. The manager was very helpful and went out of his way to track down a low pillow for me. A nice touch. Check-in was smooth and efficient and I was shown to my room on the seventh floor. It was big, bright and clean. Maybe a bit sparsely furnished but the double bed was comfortable and there was a desk by the window. The bathroom was large with a nice shower cubicle and plenty of hot water. The room and the air-con were quiet and I got a good night's sleep.

So, any minor omissions? No kettle, tea or coffee...every hotel should have this small luxury. No dressing gowns and no room safe. Perhaps the least attractive thing about the hotel were the dirty windows. Not really a problem but they let down what would otherwise have been a very clean hotel. They did open however, and the view to the south was nice. It may be useful to note that they weren't children-proof either and any families with small children would have to make sure they were kept shut. Perhaps best of all, my bedroom overlooked the road where the Chinese New Year dragon dance and procession took place on one night and the following day, the dragon actually coming into the reception. I couldn't have chosen a better place to see it, the first time for me. Spectacular....

I ate breakfast at the hotel which was served in a separate building in a very nice, well laid out dining room. The food was the standard American - Thai buffet. Adequate and with freshly cooked eggs.

I would stay at the Aramis again. The location and the staff make it a very attractive option for anyone wanting to stop off in Nakhon Sawan.

Room Tip: The high floors are quiet. A room facing the south is nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Tony B
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been invited to celebrate the wedding at Nakornsawan Province on March 16, 2013, at 6.00 P.M., as the distance from my house to the venue is about 170 km, which is quite far distance to be driving at night. I decided to stay one night at the Aramis Hotel.

The Aramis Hotel is located in the city center behind the Uthayansawan public park, first thing I was impressed with this hotel is the bellboy. he reached me as soon as I park my car, and helping me carried my belonging

The room is nicer than I expected. Clean and spacious. Bathroom is modern decorated, toiletries and amenities are provided. Breakfast is included in the room rate, there are variety of foods to choose from, of course, very delicious.

The hotel pool of sufficient size is located by the right front part of the building when you're walking into the main entrance

Hotel staffs are very friendly and willing to assist for anything that you require. Thanks for the job well done, The Aramis, you deserve my praise and more,,,,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Supol R
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Clean and comfortable; very nice modern bathroom. Good breakfast included.
WiFi was not working in the room. Went to front desk for help several times and they were no help at all. I finally investigated myself, located the router on my floor (on high shelf in hallway) and noticed it was unplugged. Why should a guest have to fix such a simple thing like that?
Improvements would include another chair and a stand to set a suitcase. Our room was quite big but much of it was just empty floorspace: one chair and a small table.

Room Tip: 701 is a large bright corner room with big windows
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doug M
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Aramis is centrally located on one of the main streets near the superhighway.

We were walk-in clients. We were actually looking for a different hotel but missed the entrance and happened upon the Aramis instead, which is clearly visible from the main street. First impressions from the outside and the lobby were positive.

Room: spacious and clean.

Bed: clean and comfortable.

Bathroom: spacious and clean. But shower drain drained slowly so water pooled on the floor and flowed above the rim of the glass-enclosed shower.

Price: A bit pricey, but we may have to take into account the fact we were walk-ins without a prior booking or advantage of discount from a Web reservation.

Breakfast: buffet style 'hot' breakfast included. Likely one of the best hotel breakfasts we enjoyed during our entire month-long travels in the country. We were even served a complimentary Thai-style coconut jelly dessert at the end of our meal (a nice touch!)

Staff: More or less accommodating - bellhops and restaurant staff were friendly and ready to serve. But dealings with receptionist and manager could have been better - we experienced difficulties login on to the wi-fi connection and were given different excuses for the cause. The manager showed us that the connection worked fine in the lobby. Unfortunately, our room was not located in the lobby, but on the 8th floor. We eventually gave up.

Parking: free parking located at the front of the hotel with easy access to and from the main street.

Sound insulation: as another poster commented, we enjoyed a quiet night's rest despite the building's proximity to a major street.

A few little geckos running around the lobby and walls. These cute little critters are harmless and did not bother us.

Room Tip: Concrete walls may interfere with availability of wi-fi connection in rooms (?). But Internet servi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ph R
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I'm riding up to Chiang Mai on my motorcycle and needed a spot to be coddled as it has been a while that I've had to fight Bangkok traffic for several hours and tangle with the lorry drivers on the freeway and this spot came up as a solid choice.

This is my take on the place:

- The staff is on their toes, looking for an opportunity to serve,
- The "modern" room I'm in is well appointed and much larger than most hotels I've stayed at,
- The entire facility is new and clean and,
- Even though it fronts a major street, it is set back a far way from the street so zero noise problems.

Well worth the $$ and when I'm back this way, this will be where I'll stay.

Certainly