“Really great hotel enjoyed our stay (except for breakfast!)”

Bonito Chinos Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Nakhon Sawan B&B and Inns
Woking, United Kingdom
“Really great hotel enjoyed our stay (except for breakfast!)”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We normally stop over in Nakhon Sawan on our way from Chiangmai to kanchanaburi and most times use the Piman. This time it was fully booked (unusual normally no problem) so booked at Bonito Chinos. Odd name but it turned out to be great. very clean and well maintained. Lovely bedroom slightly wacky bathroom but we loved it. Bed really comfortable staff really helpful.As we speak Thai reasonably fluently language was no problem but I think a non Thai speaker might find it a little difficult as I didn't get the impression that the English ability of the staff was great. However what they lacked in this was more than made up for in excellent helpful friendly service.
Only downside was breakfast. Restaurant a bit small so rather crowded in morning. very little choice of Western food items but they would do omlette to order. Restaurant not open in evening when we arrived (about 7:00pm) bui no problem Big C nearby with plenty of restaurants (albeit with having to cross main road with practically NO provision for pedestrians to cross! We will definately go there again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We make a decision in the last minute when we was at Mea Kularb Moji place.I called asked for check in for next 20 minutes. The rate we got is 990 THB with breakfast which cheaper than Agoda 20+ baht :D

The room was nice and clean.The bed is good.The rooftop have a bar for bite n drink with band which is o.k

The breakfast is good..enouh choices for food,egg counter and fresh fruits

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Christchurch
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here on my recent trip to Thailand, just a few hous from Bangkok and what a contrast from the Hustle and bustle of a large city.
I have been studying Thai language for a little while and staying here certainly helped me, for the most it was the only place i have stayed in Thailand where i speak more Thai than they do English which was perfect for me. While i was there i met one of their staff who was from the Phillipines and i think her main job was to act as an interpreter for the western guests which she done very well.
The roof top bar Restaurant was very nice with a little two piece band to keep you entertained and the food was of a very high standard and very reasonably priced.

My room was big and spacious with a walk in shower and Yes i had hot water which is a bonus in rural Thailand.

Breakfast was nice with a faily good choice of foods and fruit.

While there i arranged a day trtip to the local temple and Aquarium you may think that is a strange combination but they were both very interesting and also very cheap, think the Aquarium was about 50bhts and of course the temple was free. Hotel arranged taxi and he was very good.

On arrival the bell boy asked me if i wanted a Thai massage to which i declined but i think he thought as i was a man travelling on my own that was what i wanted, however on my second night the door man asked me the same question so i got into conversation with him and he told me it was a local massage place that visited the hotel and it was totally ligit so i gave it a go and was i surprised, it was a great massage with a very lovely funny lady and 100% ligit, glad i had it and if you are offered one dont turn it down.
I booked direct with the hotel and had very good service from them, i arrived by bus from Bangkok and they offered to pick me up from the station, this i declined as it was only a short hop on a Tuk Tuk.

All in all agreat hotel if you are making your way north from Bangkok and maybe heading up to Chaing Mai as i was give it a try, it is well worth a couple of days stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We found this hotel to offer everything we needed for an overnight stay. Clean, reasonably priced, and the staff were friendly and efficient. Actually they took great delight in posting me my phone which I left behind in the dining room by accident. They responded to my email straight away when I asked if it was there, and took it to the post office straight away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Adele P
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Across from the Big C shopping center, just off the main road. Nice newer feeling with parking available, clean rooms, good sized bathroom, and small balcony. Bellman available to help on check in. The buffet breakfast was good with fresh cooked eggs and an attentive staff. All in all a comfortable stay while traveling from Chiang Mai to Chonburi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank john33t
Chonqging China
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was in the room working on the computer when I heard a loud pop and the power went out. I suspected it was from a rain storm which was occurring. But I checked the hallway and 2 other rooms had power so I went downstairs and reported it. They sent a guy up to check on it and he put in a new fuse (not a circuit breaker) in and that one exploded. So they asked me to move into another room across the hall which I did.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ultrarunner
Reviewed March 9, 2012

this is a very worth money place.
pretty good breakfast inthe inn standard.

• Stayed March 2012