“Cheap, as quality”

Grand Hill Resort & Spa
Grand Hill Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Nakhon Sawan
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay there for one night as my organization prepared. First, the key card was broken but they not allow me changing room. The reason was it was full. While the engineer trying fixed my room, they wore shoes and walked around my room. That was really not good. There was slipper but very dirt. Bathroom and tub also dirty. Lucky be there only one night

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Reasonable fair, great location, very nice hotel, good food and nice room. It's easy to connect to the down town. Warm welcome with orange juice and water. Wi-fi is available and free of charge. We will come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Now I am staying in this hotel , let me tell you the experience for stay here

Good:-

1. Location is OK if you catch a way from Bangkok to North, it's on the way to Phitsanuloke
2. Hotel has a good parking
3. Room is good size , good bed, air condition and wifi work well as expect.

Con.-

1. Bathroom is not clean
2. Breakfast was average , not much variety choice ( if compare with superior room THB 1,000 approx )

But the thing that would not stay here again is " VALUE" Hotel indicated themselves as 4 star but if you ask for extra pillow, they charge THB 20 per pillow, well, its not expensive, but it shoud not charge for 4 star hotel right?

But the most thing that I don't like is ABF, they said on website Restaurant is open 0600, but the real time is open 0630 when we come down I told the staff that you mention on internet is 0600 o'clock , they retrun to me " But we open 0630 so, some food is not ready but we allow you to eat" Ummm you charge me breakfast, it's acceptable if you apologize to client that the food is not ready, but don't blame us that it's my fault to come before. If you mention on internet that restaurant is open at 0630 on the internet, it's not your fault at all,

Over all, Nakhonsawan is more prefer hotel than this, I am sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel is adequate. The rooms are reasonably clean. The service is reasonably satisfactory. The food in the restaurant is reasonably edible.

Essentially, not a hotel that will impress or to write home about. It is good for an overnight stay in this somewhat lack-luster town.

The noodles at Ban Bung noodle shop are popular and good at lunch. The dinner at a restaurant on the Ping River, called Kab Khao - Kab Plaa was very good. An outdoor venue on the river run by a family. Very good Thai food.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper levels are less used. Thick windows keep out the noisy traffic and most of the no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Expensive for what you get, which is an OK Thai style hotel.  Room was a bit smelly and the bathroom was not very clean, but the bed was quite comfortable.  Housekeeping do not seen to understand what the do not disturb sign means - it's not "if I open the door very quietly, I wonder if he'll notice" - so I recommend that you don't leave valuables unattended in the room.  Breakfast needs a lot of improvement.  All in all it's OK for an overnight break between Chiangmai and Bangkok, but overpriced.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Driving back to Bangkok from Chiang Mai is too long for a one off drive unless desperate and Nakhon Sawan is the obvious choice for a stop. Chose the hotel on the off chance as we drove past and were pleasantly surprised. It is slightly more expensive than the average Thai local hotel but for a Westerner a decent room for two with breakfast came at a thoroughly reasonable price in my opinion. As a global traveller who normally stays at the best hotels on business I could not fault this hotel for the price. Not a holiday destination but certainly a place I would recommend if considering a brief stop over in the area. Limited choice for breakfast but I was fine with my American Ham and Eggs although my Thai partner wasn't happy with the choices.

Room Tip: Look first. I chose a room not facing the car park as there is a club at the other side which I noti...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stopped by nakhonsawan because I planned to visit my cousin at Pitsanulok. Nice to visit again. good service, reasonable price. I think the hotel change many things i.e. change breakfast menu, new style coffee shop. I think the hotel is being renovated. My son like here very much because he like swimming while I took Thai massage for 2 hours. I think it 's good for us, and we will visit here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family