Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I didn't stay here (I stayed at Riverhouse Hotel) but I are two dinners here and was pleased. Both times I had a Thai-style spicy salad. The first was a crispy fish salad which was quite tasty with a generous serving of fried fish pieces, onions, shallots and shredded carrot plus some herbs and a dressing. I'm glad I asked for "little spicy" because it was on the verge of being too hot, but not quite there. Very tasty. Wish the fish hadn't been quite so bony, but Mae Sariang is a long way from the sea and they're working with the local fish they can get. Next time I had spicy fried egg salad and it was just outstanding and a very big portion, to boot; couldn't quite finish. Owners were extremely nice and friendly.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank BallardBeaver
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here for three night in July and really liked it. I stayed in a very cheap (200baht) room upstairs with a fan and a mattress in the floor. The owners are very helpful and friendly and the food is nice. There I wifi in the whole house and the shared bathrooms are clean and looked after. The downstairs area is great to hang out and relax. They have a massive tv with toms of channels if you fancy watching a blockbuster. All in all a great value for money. It can get noisy with a newly opened bar opossite. But that was not the case every night. I suggest earplugs if you have a light sleep.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This backpackers guest house is filthy and rundown. It needs to be kept up and cleaned more frequently. Around the entire restaurant sits 20 or so rusty rental bikes. There is a an empty fish tank under the front table that was used for the skin eating fish at one time but is now empty and sitting in the middle of the restaurant...Disgusting!

Really a bad operation.

Date of stay: February 2012
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank tigerbox
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stay there only 1 night. The layout of the GH is particularly intersting with romms upstairs and seats, tables on the ground floor.
Really friendly staff

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Northwest is a charming guest house, a lovely downstairs area with a casual restaurant and lots of low tables and pillows for relaxing. Up the beautiful wooden staircase are the bedrooms. We stayed in two (joined) air con rooms at the back with double beds, mosquito nets and ensuites. The beds were hard, but book a trek with Kitty and you'll have no trouble sleeping! We had no problem with noise, and the staff are all fantastically helpful. The drinks are lovely and the food is AMAZING, try the deep fried morning glory with prawn dip (soup, really), with a watermelon shake to cool down after! If I'm ever in North Thailand again, I know where I'm staying :)

Date of stay: September 2011