“Warning! Do Not Stay Here!”

Copenhagen Airport Hotel / Dragor Badehotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dragoer
Washington DC
“Warning! Do Not Stay Here!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

First and foremost, this hotel has many different names. It also goes by the Copenhagen Airport hotel on hotels.com, booking.com, and expedia.com. We had so many problems with this hotel, I don't even know where to begin. Please believe me when I tell you that this was not a single bad instance that someone else staying would not experience. I traveled with my husband and in-laws, and we are all in agreement that this was the single worst hotel, I've ever stayed in. Read some of my other reviews. I travel a lot, and I've stayed in many hotels all around the world, and yes, this was the worst...ever!

1. First, my husband and I booked the lowest fare room we could find while my in-laws decided to pay a little bit more for a king bed and ocean view room. My in-laws were given a room in the main building on the second floor. They said that you could only barely see the water and that it could hardly be called an ocean-view room. That minor issue aside, it seems as though they were constantly reminded of the view from their room because none of the windows in their room (or bathroom) had treatments. No curtain, no blinds, nothing. Not even in the bathroom. They said they hung a towel over the window in the bathroom so people couldn't see them. Our room which was in the "annex" building did have window treatments. When we pulled the shades down, we saw that the shade was completely covered in some sort of mold or fungus.

2. The "Annex" - yes, we stayed in a little trailor next to the main building that they called the annex. Our room opened out to the parking lot. When we first arrived, we parked in a larger lot outside the main building, but the lady at the desk told us not to leave our car there because it was unsafe. Anyway, we walked into our little annex room and directly across the door to get in, was another door. In the USA, some hotel rooms have adjoining doors, but usually you have to open a locked door from both sides. Not in this case. I unlocked the door to verify that there was a locked door on the other side and instead, I was able to walk right into the another person's room. He had his suitcase out, his computer bag with laptop sitting out. Had we been dishonest people, we could have robbed him blind. Fortunately for us, we had the locking power, so we closed the door and locked it.

3. Noise. So, I mentioned the connecting door between the two rooms. Well, about 9:45PM or so, we suddenly realized how paper thin the walls were when our next door neighbor came home. We heard every single noise from him dropping his keys on the table, his bathroom activities, and his entire phone conversation with his lady friend. Apparently he was unhappy with the hotel as well especially because the door to his room opened right up to the street. When we realized that he spoke English, we waited for him to get off the phone and the knocked on the shared door. We told him first, that we could access his room, and that if he was staying for more than one night, he should complain because the people that stay there after us might not be as honest, and second that we could hear everything he was doing and saying which meant that when we got up at 5AM he was going to hear everything we were doing and saying. He thanked us and then called his lady friend back to tell her what had just happened. Even if there was no door there, the complete lack of privacy was ridiculous!

4. Dirt, mold, and bugs. As if everything else I already mentioned didn't already make our stay uncomfortable, the room and bathroom were absolutely appalling. I already mentioned the mold on the window shade, but that paled in comparison to the mold in the bathroom. The whole bathroom reaked of mold and feces. We took the extra towels and laid them on the floor so our bare feet wouldn't have to touch it. The sheets on our beds had noticable stains, and the number of bugs was just horrifying. It was so bad that when we got home, we opened our luggage outside and threw everything into a trashbag that went immediately into the washing mashine.

5. The hotel reception laughed at us. The next morning when we checked out, we decided to tell them what a horrific stay we had. The lady at the desk literally laughed at us and told us that she had never heard a single negative comment about this place ever before. We couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Do whatever you have to do. Spend whatever you have to spend, but don't stay here! It's true when they say that you can stay anywhere for one night. We did. We lived...but we're still not laughing about it.

Oh, and one more thing. It's not an airport or beach hotel. There is no beach, and for us it was cheaper to keep our rental car for another day than to use their "airport shuttle."

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Rinnegirl143

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Finland
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Copenhagen was busy the week I tried to book a decent stay, so I ended up here. Lovely surroundings, fishing village, fortress, old town, sea, etc. Very quiet in May. But somehow I liked it, you could get to airport by bus 35, to city by bus 350s and after a busy day have a quiet evening in Dragor.

Reception not so friendly to me, no hellos etc. or when leaving welcome again... I´m a quite happy and friendly person so that was not the case..

Room, nothing special, sea view to Orebor bridge for extra price, wlan worked fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank annemaryFinland
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I arrived very late and the reception was already closed - nevertheless there were keys and info left behind in an envelope. I got a room in the building next to the main hotel. Here you basically walk in from the street straight into your room. All these rooms are on street level and have a door to a connecting room in the back. Unfortunately this meant I had to listen to my neighbour's heavy snoring for most of the night. Plus, as it was quite cold in February, the room was freezing when I got in (then I turned up the heating). But there's no good insulation against the cold and the noise. The bathroom was awful, tiny and with really old and cheap showers, etc. I was very disappointed since I had seen other pictures on the homepage and there was no mention of this extra building and how the rooms are here. So the next day I asked to change rooms and stay in the main building. Thankfully this was no problem. The rooms were much nicer, very clean and comfortable and more modern. The third night though I was moved into yet another room because of some problems with water from the bathroom dripping to the room below. Anyhow also the second room that I stayed in within the main building was very nice. A BIG contrast to the rooms in the other building! Breakfast was good. In the evening I got to see a bit of Dragor which I found to be a very beautiful town. The location of the hotel was perfect - close to the airport and the bridge to Sweden (both was important to me). I would stay here again but next time I know to ask for a room in the main building. I really think the hotel should mention that they have these 2 very different types of accommodation, otherwise guests may be very disappointed when they get a room which significantly differs in quality from that which is advertised on their site!

• Stayed March 2012
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Yes the rooms may need a little "upgrading" but overall this hotel is great. Great views, good location and the most comfortable bed I have slept in in ages.
It's in the little fishing village of Dragoer which is always worth a visit. We were incredibly lucky with the weather and sitting in the little harbour drinking Danish beer in the sun was rather lush!
Buffet breakfast with cheese, ham, scrambled eggs, Danish pastries etc. All very, very nice. Pleasant and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Nissemor
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Excellent location for taking a flight from Copenhagen Airport. This hotel is named Copenhagen Airport Hotel on other hotel and travel reservation websites. When I arrived there was plenty of available free parking onsite although I missed the turnoff to the hotel on my first attempt as the sign said only "hotel parking" without naming the hotel.

My room could have used an update, but everything was clean and comfortable, and everything worked. I had a room with a balcony, and noted the hotel did not have a lift so I had to bring my bags up a flight of stairs. There were rooms on the first floor so if you don't fancy walking stairs you can ask for a room there.

My balcony faced the sea and the fort. The hotel was off the main road enough that it was quite peaceful and quiet. I slept well.

The breakfast in the morning was very good, despite there not being many guests, all the food was fresh and hot and there was a great selection.

The final point which makes me give this property a five star rating is the proximity to the airport. From the hotel I was able to take a service road that followed the coast and entered the airport from the south. I avoided all the traffic and was able to quickly get to the car hire garage without any delay despite it being 9:30am.

A comfortable night's sleep, a great breakfast to start my day, and a peaceful drive to the airport make this a hotel I will stay at every time I have a morning flight out of Copenhagen.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We booked this hotel because it was billed as "close to the airport". Well, it was a $30 taxi ride there and it was not convenient to go into the city to do anything. It was listed as The Copenhagen Airport Hotel when we booked it, however there is NOTHING to identify it as that and we found it only because the addresses were the same. We were told that we were upgraded because they were full, and got a very small double room on the third floor. There was no elevator, which was inconvenient as we had rather large suitcases in preparation for our flight.
The linens were clean, but the pillow cover inside the pillowcase was disgusting. The shower was a corner of the bathroom with no curtain; the place was a swamp when we finished.
The location was great if you were looking for a quaint fishing village, but not convenient for someone looking for easy access to the airport. They also advertised a shuttle, which seems frequently not available (at least not to small groups or on Sunday).

Room Tip: you tend to get what you pay for
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Live_to_travel56

Travelers are raving about these Dragoer hotels

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed here during the winter and ended up sleeping with my clothes on - that's how cold the room was! No need to say I had an uncomfortable night. Bathroom was very worn and looked like it hadn't been cared for since the 60's. I was given a room by the staircase and could hear people walking pass very easy as well as people walking across the floor in the room above. The door did not have an extra securty lock on it so I did not feel very safe.
It isn't very close to the airport, the taxi fare and the room cost together would nearly put you up for a nicer hotel much closer to the airport and within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Samdex
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dragoer
Amager
Quality Airport Hotel Dan
Copenhagen Go Hotel
#4 of 5 in Kastrup
Amager
CABINN Metro
CABINN Metro
#83 of 116 in Copenhagen

Been to Copenhagen Airport Hotel / Dragor Badehotel? Share your experiences!