“Delicious Puddings”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Puddings”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Whilst we were waiting for our food there was a power cut which I imagine is pretty devastating for a place serving and cooking food. I could see it was causing problems with the card machines not working and orders not going through to the kitchen. In the end there was only one working card machine in the whole place. I thought the staff coped well and having faced similar difficulties at my place of work I could sympathise. Well done to them for dealing with it.

The food was good - pudding was excellent; a bit like a mars bar turned into a torte. There was a bit of confusion over one of the orders but it was swiftly rectified. This is somewhere I would go again and recommend.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Promising menu - but doesn't deliver”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went for dinner in the evening. The menu had some very nice dishes on it and I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting a more basic pub grub menu.

The starters were not great. 2 of our party ordered the mushrooms, but they appeared to be served on toast which went all soggy from the juice of the mushrooms. I had the scallops which were ok. Had better, but ok.
I really fancied the game special of pheasant for mains - but guess what? didn't have any. This was 7.15pm! Now surely its not a big ask to remove items from the many specials boards scattered around, that are not available?
I went for the gineau fowl as a second choice which was fine, again not great just ok. One of our party ordered a steak. At no time was she asked how she wanted it cooked and it came out quite bloody. Luckily she doesnt mind it like this, but I feel she should have been asked how she wanted it cooked. I have always been asked anywhere else in the past. We were all surprised by this.
The service was also very slow, despite it not being very busy, so we decided to skip dersert as realistically we were going to have to factor in another half an hour wait at least.

One of our party works for the same pub chain so we got £40 off the whole meal including drinks. This softened the blow quite a bit, as had we had been paying the full whack of just under £100 (four people) I would have felt ripped off to be honest.

Don't look at the menu and expect proper cooked from sctratch food and you will be ok, as I'm afraid its clearly microwave /pre-packed.

3 Thank Mel M
Oxford
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Visited there at lunchtime and was disappointed with the service, although the food was OK. The pub was not particularly busy and we arrived just after 12 noon. We waited nearly half an hour for the starter; when it appeared, so did one of the main courses, which we sent back. Then, when the main meal arrived, there was only one - the second had been missed off the order. Although the bar person admitted their mistake, and made up for it by providing a bowl of soup to tie my partner over whilst we waited another half an hour for the missing main course, all of this could have been avoided by reading back the order when he took it! We were going to have coffee, but a large group of walkers appeared and completely dominated the bar, so we gave up, paid the tab and left.

2 Thank Oxon39
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Shoulder of Mutton, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Oxon39,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review, we are sorry to hear of the issues you and your partner received during your lunch. we have asked our management team to investigate your feedback.

we have also sent you a direct message to discuss your comments further.

Regards
Chef & Brewer
Wendover, United Kingdom
“lovley Grub”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The food was so nice i could have eaten it again. The drinks were a little pricey but not as dear as the Gate.

Visited September 2012
Derby, United Kingdom
“food ok”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

i have eaten here a couple of times and not been 100% thrilled with the food, service is always good though, wouldnt choose here if it was a special occasion tho.

Visited October 2012