“Best breakfast in the area!”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Reserve with OpenTable
The Crown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 18 Restaurants in Cookham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A traditional British Pub with a modern outlook creating a modern, fine atmosphere for diners and drinkers alike
Bourne End, Bucks
“Best breakfast in the area!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Friendly & efficient staff, terrific quality food - what more can you ask for?! it's our favourite place for a weekend breakfast - lovely to sit outside on a (rare) sunny day but they're kind enough to let dogs into one part of the bar, so we're happy and cosy inside on cold and wet days with the lovely fires roaring.

BURNHAM
“SUNDAY LUNCH”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great country pub, has had a lot of investment and has been upgraded very successfully. Excellent venue for Sunday Lunch, roast beef, roast pork with all the trimmings.

Party of six received great service and all were very impressed with the quality of the food.

• Visited April 2013
Hungerford
“great food, great service, great pub!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

First impressions on walking into pub, fantastic! friendly welcome, modern but cosy decor. Lots of interesting selections on the menu so asked for reccomendations from the waiter, always good when you ask the waiter for a reccomendation and they give you their opinion.. Too often some waiters. reply with depends what you like!? anyway went with his reccomendations and was not dissapointed. The crab,avocado, chorizo with mango puree starter and steak pie for main course. The crab came very nicely presented on a slate but despite the chorizo could have done with a fraction more seasoning or zing. The pie was excellent, gravy was rich and meaty and roast roots and carrots were sweet and caramelised. Great service, great food, great pub. Highly recommended.

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Succulent Steak”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Busy in the restraunt on a Friday night, but once squeezed into our seats we enjoyed an excellent meal, locally sourced and cooked to order, with fine wine too.

1 Thank Daf1
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“Great menu, disappointing service and ingredients - a mixed bag.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had lunch here at this pub/restaurant today. A party of four. The menu looked promising, and had an air of chic sophistication. Two of us ordered the soup. On serving it, the waitress couldn't be bothered to come round and put the plate in front of me. She leaned over my brother-in-law, spilling the soup over the bowl in the process to place it in front of me!!.
The main courses of my brother-in-law and husband had RECONSTITUTED POTATO!! Really! I couldn't believe it. It took me back to the 1970's when Smash was all the rage!!! The interesting thing is that the rest of the food was quite good, especially my loin of cod. But never in living memory can I recall having been served this crap in a credible restaurant. Big black mark to The Crown for this. When I told the waiter, he lied to me and told me he had mashed the fresh potatoes this morning. Who does he think I am, a fool? That was an insult to my intelligence, and we won't be returning to this eatery again.