We recently enjoyed an anniversary lunch at Wivenhoe House Brasserie. The quality of the food from an extensive and tempting menu was wonderful and the service was faultless. Reception staff were most welcoming and helpful. The venue is magnificent having recently been totally refurbished and the value for money was excellent. We would highly recommend this restaurant and will certainly be returning soon. We did find the parking to be a bit confusing and it would have been helpful to have been informed when booking that parking permits were available at reception. This in no way detracted from a memorable first experience of Wivenhoe House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Re-opened in June 2012 after a £10 Million refurbishment, Wivenhoe House Hotel is a 17th Century country house, which is also home to the Edge Hotel School. Students at the school work alongside professionals, as they study for their degree in Hotel Management. There are 40 rooms, 16 in the main house and 24 in the more modern garden wing. The brasserie offers breakfast lunch and dinner daily, and afternoon tea is served in the drawing room daily. The panoramic views over the wooded parkland tot he University of Essex, are stunning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Wivenhoe House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wivenhoe House Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe House England