The rooms in the hotel are really huge and beautiful. We stayed in the Portico room which has excellent view from the windows. Unfortunately, maybe the hotel is too new, some gadgets are not really working including phones not working between guest rooms, wireless keyboard to the TV; still couldn't be fixed at checkout after 2 nights.
Superb but slow serving breakfast in the Brasserie.
A few strange things that extremely small wash basin despite a huge bathroom and the lifts are not allowed to be used by guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Re-opened in June 2012 after a £10 Million refurbishment, Wivenhoe House Hotel is a 17th Century country house, which is also home to the Edge Hotel School. Students at the school work alongside professionals, as they study for their degree in Hotel Management. There are 40 rooms, 16 in the main house and 24 in the more modern garden wing. The brasserie offers breakfast lunch and dinner daily, and afternoon tea is served in the drawing room daily. The panoramic views over the wooded parkland tot he University of Essex, are stunning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Wivenhoe House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wivenhoe House Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe House England