“So European, delicate and full of light.”
Review of Jardine Cafe & Bistro - CLOSED

Jardine Cafe & Bistro
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Love the whole experience. Feels far from Wivenhoe, somewhere sunnier and more delicate. Food excellent, I have enjoyed every dish I have chosen here. Service exquisite.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

After a visit to nearby Beth Chatto gardens with family, we needed somewhere for a quick bite to eat as it was lunchtime. A search on tripadvisor came up with a few choices in nearby Wivenhoe.

We were lucky enough that Jardine could accommodate our party of 4. The place is stylish and the staff very smartly dressed and gave excellent service without being over bearing.

I went for the the half sandwich (chicken and bacon) and small bowl of soup of the day. What a surprise, I was presented with a toasted slice of bread topped with mayo, warm chicken and bacon with rocket leaves..... absolutely brilliant and very tasty. Amazingly, it only cost £6.95! I would have quite happily paid a little bit more!

All I can say is... the residents of Wivenhoe are blessed to have such an excellent fine dining establishment. I would whole heartedly recommend you give it a try and am positive you won't be disappointed. If I'm in the area again, I will most certainly be eating here again.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went here for our graduation dinner. The atmosphere is very nice. Pretty decoration and lamps, but most important, very good food at a decent price. The staff was always very attentive and polite.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Love coming to Jardines, have been a couple of times. Always able to just walk in.
Very nice relaxed atmosphere, with mellow music in the background.
Have only ever had lunch here- sandwiches, baguettes, soups and burgers but all absolutely delicious. Also very reasonably priced.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We recently had a meal for a large party at Jardine to celebrate a family birthday. The staff were brilliant, well organised and polite. Happy to accomodate any requirements we had. The food was superb and everyone had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.