“Lovely Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I had a lovely meal at the Forge last Friday evening, the service was excellent as was the meal.
It is a lovely cosy beamed restaurant, romantic and the place you could bring your family for a celebration meal or special occasion also.
The menue has lots of choices and in my opinion the food is all homemade, not the type that arrives on the back of a lorry! It is not over priced.
We had two courses bottle of wine and a pint of larger £80 odd that includes 10% service charge.My husband had the monkfish, I had a steak, delicous!
I would definately recommend this lovely restaurant to my family and friends.
Looking forward to going back very soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

6 of us visited The Forge House last week for a family birthday.
It was truly lovely.... The food, the service, the atmosphere... All truly lovely!

I/we will be going back there very soon and I/we will be telling more people about this beautiful little restaurant.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I went here with my daughter for lunch. The service was offhand and we felt most uncomfortable as two women. Perhaps we were not spending enough money! The food was just about okay but nothing special. The restaurant is very attractively laid out.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Have just got home from a three course meal at The Forge House. From the moment we got there to the moment we left we were treated brilliantly by the friendly staff. Upon arrival we were greater by the owner, shown to our table and our drinks order taken. They arrived promptly, along with complimentary (very rare these days) fresh bread rolls.

The menu provides a good range of food without there being too much and every meal was cooked to perfection; starters, mains and desserts. Between the twelve dishes ordered by the four of us, we couldn't fault one! Time between courses was perfect- long enough to let other courses go down but not so long that you got bored.

The wait staff were always there when needed, without being overwhelming or intrusive. The fish pond in the middle of the restaurant is an unusual but great feature, especially if you're sat next to it!

Overall, a fantastic meal - would definitely recommend it and will be eating there again.

3  Thank JumpingStarfish
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Dinner out on a Friday evening, after a busy and stressful week: as soon as we walked through the door we were made very welcome and comfortable, and enjoyed a relaxing evening. The food didn't disappoint: scallops to start (delicious - the best he's ever eaten apparently), we both chose chicken for main and each dish was well presented - the chicken was juicy, not at all dry, vegetable side dishes were excellent too. Pudding was divine (creme brulee and tiramisu). The bill came to just under £100 (service charge is added in, which is what pushed it up) but it was worth it. The tables are far enough apart for you to have privacy, the atmosphere is peaceful and relaxing, the service is wonderful - warm, friendly, but unobtrusive.

2  Thank Stonehugger