“very good”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had very nice meal here, staff friendly, food good and very reasonbly priced, lovely setting overlooking the boats on the River Hamble.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Visited on a very busy day as round the island race was on. Staff were very busy but happy to oblige and friendly. Took a little while for food as so busy but happy to wait as freshly cooked. Ribeye was superb and my partners sea bass excellent... we will definately be back

1  Thank trish1936
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here many times and it never ceases to surprise me how low the prices are compared to other eateries in the area.

Most recently my wife and I had an excellent sea bass & samphire dish which really did melt in the mouth.

The kids dug in to roast dinner and excellent desserts to finish!

We'll be back

Reviewed May 27, 2013

been here for 3 meals and everyone one of them was perfectly cooked and the service was very good,
we have also decided on this restaurant for our wedding reception :)
the staff are all very friendly

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've been popping in to the Waters edge for a drink or two for a while now after a day out on the water. Last weekend my parents were visiting so we decided to pop in here for something to eat on the Saturday evening.

The bar/waiting staff were friendly, and the service was quick. Our food however was poor. We started off with Whitebait and the garlic prawns. The four prawns (priced from memory at £8.50) were inedible - they had clearly been defrosted in a mircowave to order. In this case they had been in the microwave a bit too long as they were totally mushy and tasteless. We sent these back. The whitebait was the pre-prepared breaded frozen variety. We had all ordered the same main, the pork belly. What arrived was more akin to a school dinner. Again more pre-prepared protein - this pork belly resembled the processed rolled variety that can be purchased in Makro. This was very fatty and the crackling wasn't crispy in the slightest. Two slices of this rested on a large portion of mashed potato and some colourless shredded cabbage, all lubricated with what tasted like packet gravy.

I appreciate that this place probably struggles to keep large stocks of fresh ingredients due to the limited number of people that pass through the marina, but if I was running this place I would really look at getting some better quality ingredients, rather than just making do with frozen cash and carry fayre.

1  Thank Tim M