“Wonderful Wellington”

Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have been going to the rat since it opened as a treat whenever I am in town. Most recent visit was Thursday 20th december where I had my favourite Beef Wellington and it was fab. Francey and team lovely and welcoming as always.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We recently visited the river rat as other restaurants were full. I can now understand why this restaurant were able to fit us in. The food was bland and not overly hot,the service was adequate, and extremely over priced. I will not be returning!

2  Thank Dwayne H
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Francey, Mike and the crew excelled themselves this time, we had our work Christmas do in the Rat on Thursday evening last. The food was superb, everything cooked to perfection and the service was brilliant as always.
The Beef looked amazing, and though my traditional Christmas dinner was delicious, I did have some food envy!
Thanks Mike, Francey, Chef Fay and the rest of the crew for a lovely night.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

From the service to the food& drink, everything was lovely. Menu delicious which was simple and easy to choose from

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Since the River Rat has been open, we have visited on a fairly regular basis. never once have we been let down. We went with Saturday evening, although the place was very busy, the food and service were excellent. Being a big wine drinker, have to say the wine list is great. A large selection of quality wine to suit every budget. Even their basic house red is heads and shoulders above anything else you can get in the village. We left full and very happy.

1  Thank philleicester