“Best carvery I've ever had”

King's Country Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Botley
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am not a fan of carverys. I always imagine the meat sitting there for hours with kids sneezing bacteria all over it. I didn’t choose to go to this place but I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is attached to an equestrian shed, which I think is slightly dangerous because strong whiffs of horse manure generally doesn’t run up an appetite. However, I think it worked really well. A novel factor that boosted the standing of this small, remote restaurant. The food was warm, well cooked and I didn’t find myself with a cold the next day. Everything you wouldn’t expect from a carvery.

A really nice family atmosphere complimented by the friendly staff makes it a good place for a big family meal.

I was very impressed with this place and would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Butcher89

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We used to go to marks expensives at hedge end, but this knocks marks into a cocked hat. The breakfasts are a pick and mix so you can have as little or as much as you need. The indoor equestrian centre is viewable from the restaurant so there is always something to look at. The views of the surrounding countryside are lovely. Big fire in the hearth with sofas and magazines if you just pop in for a cappuccino.

1  Thank Rickyysanne
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I grew up with a cordon bleu chef making dinner every night, and mother whining at most meals taken at restaurants.

~This place, although the surroundings are not covent garden or overlooking the sea at sunset and yes your nose may screw with a slight whiff of sweet hay & horse but...honestly who really cares?! the food is the best in the area. Freshly prepared, hot and worth every penny. We have eaten here many times (mid-week only) and to be honest the first time we were put off by the 'farmy horsey touch' but... PLEASE don't be put off!!!! You will miss out. I am not getting commission for this. People always moan.. if the food is not good enough then there will be something wrong with the decs, if the decs are wrong there will be something wrong with the food. I am not exaggerating!

~Going try breakfast next week!

1  Thank sirtravellot
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Went to the Kings as part of a group of about 40 people. The rural location was excellent and as the weather was good we mostly sat outside. The buffet had a great variety of traditional and asian treats in generous quantities. The staff were pleasant and attentive keeping the tables clear and clean. Indoors the decor is country style with some big tables to accomodate large parties which was welcome. All in all a good choice of venue by the organiser.

1  Thank DavidsDad007
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Myself and my husband came into kings on Sunday for a carvery.the food was very nice as we'd expect for the price,drinks are a little on the expensive side but we didn't mind as the food and service makes up for that..the lady with red curly hair made us feel very welcome and her service was fantastic,kings was a very pleasant place to dine and myself and my husband will defiantly return again soon

1  Thank Cshrimp