“Home from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Prince Consort

Prince Consort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Netley
Prince Consort
Ranked #1 of 2 Netley B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Home from Home”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

back in the late 80's I moved to Southampton to live and work. My colleague said he had got me a roomn at the PC in a very old village Netley.

I was reluctant at first to go but I am glad I did.

the accommodation and food and service were out of this wold.

I ended up staying 6 months at the PC.

When my wife joined me we both stayed for a month until I bought a house.

Guess where/ In the village of Netley.

It was our local for many many years and every time I go back to Netley I now visit and enjoy delicious food.

An excellent location close to the Royal Victoria Country park and the beautiful chapel in the park.

many a festival, event I have enjoyed.

Room Tip: My travel time was pre 1988 but I use to frequent the PC every weekend up until 1995 and then ever...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ACA44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

A rare treat - At the PC you can decide how you want your burger cooked! I go for medium rare with either blue cheese or cheddar and bacon - comes with excellent coleslaw and either curly fries (not really a fan but I love them here) or home cooked chips. Chicken wing starters are also excellent! Staff very attentive and bring drinks to the table. Although in a village, has a real city feel. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I have just moved near the area and went for a birthday meal.the Service was second to none the food was very tasty and cooked to perfection. The new owner is italian and very nice. We were made very welcome. The prices were very reasonable and We had a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed July 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for a Sailing Championships. Good clean rooms in a separate building behind the pub. Breakfast good. Only downside was the cheap Orange Juice! The owner was very accommodating when a friend had to leave another nearby establishment that had a 10 pm curfew, At this one you are allowed your own key and can come and go as you please! - just like 99% of others in the UK! Another person for breakfast was no problem! Will stay again when next in Netley!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tornado412
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The rooms in this B & B are quite large. They are clean and comfortable with plenty of hot water and good water pressure.
Our room was showing a bit of use but was still to an acceptable standard.
The breakfast was good with more on offer than we required.
This was our second vist to the Prince Consort and we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike Z
lichfield
Reviewed July 12, 2013

stayed before many times but been away for a year or so .nice suprise its had a makeover even better than before.the staff are great and nothing to mutch trouble food great and the offers are even better 2 meals bottle wine £20 .rooms are a little small but spotless and well equipped so whenever im in the area im booking in there .as i said before the best b and b in the area with resturant to match .near to netley abby and park hamble a shot car or bus ride away and easy distance to southampton try it you will love it

Room Tip: they are all good and away from pud res on there own so no noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kalosLichfield
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My 89 year old mother and I had the pleasure of staying at this excellent B & B for five nights from the 14th June to 19th June while attending my nephew's wedding. Karen couldn't do enough for us, checking IoW ferry times, printing out route maps, giving us top ups of milk etc. The room was perfect, the beds extremely comfortable and a plastic chair was provided for my mother to sit on in the shower. There was more than enough food at breakfast time and we had two delicious prawn dishes on our last evening. A special mention for Millie who had the onerous task of trying to clean the room around all our mess!! Well done everyone!! Eileen and Marie

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Netley
Grand Harbour Hotel
#9 of 24 in Southampton
Holiday Inn Southampton
Holiday Inn Southampton
#15 of 24 in Southampton

Been to Prince Consort? Share your experiences!