Tired ground floor apartment in need of modernisation. Apartment was in effect one large room with mezzanine floor for bedroom & bathroom. Wood chip paper . Furnishings must have been good years ago but settee covers were turned over with zips exposed to hide the holes on the other side. The apartment was clean and location was lovely but that was about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Found halfway between the villages of Handcross and Balcombe, in the beautiful Sussex countryside, this spectacular residence is ideally placed just 45 minutes from both Brighton and London. From the moment the car passes through the gates, winding through the lush meadows of Bluebells and Daffodils, you get that feeling that you are about to experience something special.Get out of the car, breathe the air, you are stepping into a piece of British History. The house was built in 1750 and the present Manor House in 1853. It was for many years the home of Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone and was a favourite retreat for Royalty such as Princess Beatrice, Queen Victoria, Queen Ana of Spain & Queen Sybilla of Sweden. Delightfully light and elegant, Brantridge Park sits perched in the middle of over 90 Acres of woodland and parkland.Today Brantridge Park still retains the Elegance, Character and Charm of a bygone time, but has been tastefully converted into Luxury Apartments for holiday rentals.The grounds were designed by Princess Alice and contain many specimen trees and shrubs giving colour all the year round. There are hidden trails and paths lining the Woods and Parkland around Brantridge Park, just waiting to be explored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Brantridge Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brantridge Park Hotel Balcombe
- Brantridge Park Balcombe, West Sussex, England