“Got to go agian :)”
Review of Wings Museum

Wings Museum
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Balcombe
More attraction details
Owner description: Delightful small yet focused collection of WW11 artifacts in large barn.. Dakota fuselage and remains of many a/c recovered from the ocean or desert. Clever yet grim photographs of the Dora underground rocket factory. Plenty of sound effects and memorabilia.Open week-ends and now Wednesdays. Shop but no refreshment facilities.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

What a fantastic museum try and make time to go there. The displays are well laid out and an explanation about all the displays are clearly marked and easy to understand. The museum may not be one of the biggest you can see about the Second World War but what they have got no one else can compete with. It doesn’t show you the glamour side off the war but how it was.
There is also a radio shack with working radios repaired by the people of the museum.
I just cant explain how good it was.
Thank you to all the people who have helped with the museum I had a great afternoon.

3  Thank Martin A
There are newer reviews for Wings Museum

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This museum is not huge and well tucked away. The focus is limited to WWII aviation, but the range of content is huge - including a rare 'Kate' Nakamichi fighter and very many small displays on individuals, plains and the backstory of various artefacts. The diversity of the collection is remarkable and the volunteers will often take visitors on escorted torus of the restoration workshops. If this era is of interest to you, you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Harry B
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I went to the recent bomber command signing event at this museum. What a wonderful place ! Stupidly I didn't leave enough time to do the place justice. There is loads to see and read giving a real snapshot into WW2. I took my son (30) who loved it as well. Will go again this summer

3  Thank DozzaBrighton
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were looking for something nearby to take my Dad to as an interesting outing. Others reviews looked positive so we gave it a go.
We were not disappointed.
Lots of 'stuff', well presented and overall very interesting.
We would also like to praise the volunteer staff who were helpful and informative - even took us into the work rooms as my husband had expressed an interest in the engine they were rebuilding.
Big enough to be interesting.
Small enough not to get boring.

4  Thank AAE_14
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Much more there than I expected, will definitely be going again. So many artefacts.Only thing missing is a cafe

2  Thank 313kirstym