“Brilliant place”
Review of Wings Museum

Wings Museum
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Balcombe
More attraction details
Owner description: Delightful small yet focused collection of WW11 artifacts in large barn.. Dakota fuselage and remains of many a/c recovered from the ocean or desert. Clever yet grim photographs of the Dora underground rocket factory. Plenty of sound effects and memorabilia.Open week-ends and now Wednesdays. Shop but no refreshment facilities.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I went to the recent bomber command signing event at this museum. What a wonderful place ! Stupidly I didn't leave enough time to do the place justice. There is loads to see and read giving a real snapshot into WW2. I took my son (30) who loved it as well. Will go again this summer

3  Thank DozzaBrighton

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were looking for something nearby to take my Dad to as an interesting outing. Others reviews looked positive so we gave it a go.
We were not disappointed.
Lots of 'stuff', well presented and overall very interesting.
We would also like to praise the volunteer staff who were helpful and informative - even took us into the work rooms as my husband had expressed an interest in the engine they were rebuilding.
Big enough to be interesting.
Small enough not to get boring.

4  Thank AAE_14
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Much more there than I expected, will definitely be going again. So many artefacts.Only thing missing is a cafe

2  Thank 313kirstym
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I realy recommend this place, it was full of WW2 memoribilia and I have never come across such a large collection. The smells were amazing and gave you a real feeling of what it was like. truly great day out for all the family. You really wont have enough ime to see it all or inspect everything as there is so much. AMAZING.

2  Thank lee_m20142014
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We spent an afternoon here to help my daughter with her school project and were really impressed with the exhibits and the amazing friendly volunteers!
One lady, Pat, spend our whole visit with us answering questions and explaining some of the different exhibits, even showing her dad's diaries including the entry when WW2 was declared.
Both my daughters (aged 8 and 10) said it was "brilliant and there was lots to learn"
Definitely worth a visit if you have an interest in planes, WW2 or a school project to complete.

2  Thank Karen C