“Very nice hotel”

Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bosham
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had my mum's 60th birthday here food was very nice loved the scones and the service was very good Rob looked after us very well. The garden was very well looked after. Will defiantly return thank you for a good afternoon

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Spent a night here with my wife. Lovely spot in a lovely village. Staff were most attentive, breakfast v good. Highlight was the dinner which was excellent. The marmalade ice cream will happily linger in the memory for some time.

We had a room on the ground floor of the new wing. It was a little pokey, but we left the French windows open at night which kept us nice and cool.

Nice little walks around and about. Top spot for a quiet romantic night.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Lovely hotel, perfect location within easy walking distance of the picturesque shore at Bosham. Our room was well appointed with tea-making facilities. I could imagine that the rooms might be warm on a hot night but there was a manually operated air con unit, which fortunately we didn't need so could enjoy the peace and quiet of the tranquil setting. Service was personal and charming. Breakfast was great and the common areas were elegantly furnished. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank QuaestorLondon
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel hosted my daughter's wedding reception on 3 August and a group of family, friends and myself also stayed in the hotel over the weekend. It was the most superb weekend - the hotel had been exellent in the lead up to the event so I was confident that it would go well but it was faultless. What sets the hotel apart is their 'family' feel and the fact that one could almost imagine that the event was being held in your own home but with none of the hard work! The rooms were all of a high quality, the wedding lunch for 68 people was organised impeccably and we were able to use the extensive gardens for photography and drinks plus coffee and cake afterwards. The restaurant manager and his staff excelled themselves and I would highly recommend this as a Wedding venue or for a special event. The staff made the day very special and I cannot thank them enough for their kindnesses throughout the day. They all went the 'extra mile' and beyond. Thank you The Millstream.

Room Tip: Our party had booked approx 10 rooms and there were all lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We recently went to the Millstream Hotel for afternoon tea with a group of 16. It was my first visit, and I was impressed at the high quality, excellent service and beautiful surroundings. The weather was hot, so we sat outside in the well cared for gardens and had an excellent afternoon.

The afternoon tea is priced at £15, and is the best one I've had in the area.

Highly recommended- I shall be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrsGruffalo
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I travelled with my mother and daughter and booked two separate bedrooms. Both bedrooms were clean and spacious with nice organic toiletries. The decor of the hotel and bedrooms is suited more for the older guest. The gardens are beautiful and the stream is pretty. We ate in the main dining room and had the tasting menu with different wines which was delicious. There is also an additional modern restaurant that we did not eat in, but it looked nice and welcoming.
The reception staff are friendly and polite and the restaurant manager was very jovial, but a bit abrupt when we first met him. There is plenty of parking and the hotel is within walking distance of the quay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sucgr_epsom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our stay from start to finish was extremely enjoyable. I organised an overnight stay for 36 people who were to spend the day at Cowdray Park, when we arrived in the morning freshly made coffee and tea with home made biscuits was served in the very pretty garden by very friendly and efficient staff. The checking-in process for all the guests was very quick. When we arrived at our room a free standing air conditioning unit had been installed as it was an extremely hot day, which my husband and I thought was very considerate. The room was very clean with an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom was well equipped, there was a good selection of tea/coffee in the room and I loved the dinky fresh milk carton in the fridge - I hate UHT milk with my tea.so this was a major brownie point!
We were served Pimms in the garden where the tables and chairs had been arranged for our large party of guests before dinner and again the service was friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food was superb and everyone was served at the same time, it was an extremely hot evening and the chef and kitchen staff must have been challenged to serve such delicious food for 36 guests under these conditions. There were lots of compliments from the guests too. Unfortunately I didn't get to have a full English breakfast as I had to leave early, which was a major disappointment to me, but I will be staying again to get the full experience.
Clare Sherlock the Manager was so helpful and patient with all of the arrangements. Thank you for your attention to detail.
The gardens around the hotel were gorgeous and quiet seating areas are to be found in little nooks.
Thank you for treating your guests with great care and attention.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bosham
Crouchers Hotel
Chichester Park Hotel
#5 of 8 in Chichester
Travelodge Chichester Central
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa

Been to Millstream Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!