“Great location, my favourite hotel in this area for the money”

Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Vincennes
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have been going to Vincennes for business purposes since 2008 and this is to my opinion the best hotel you can have for this price in this area. I've tried the cheaper ones and they were just terrible while being not massively cheaper.
The staff at the Daumesnil hotel is just fantastic. Friendly and mega efficient. I don't remember how many nights I have spent at the Daumesnil in total but it is surely over 100. The rooms are a bit small but they're big enough for my needs. I find them very comfy, clean, and at least, I don't hear the neighbours! Those who worry about the rooms on the main avenue side, the strong double glazed window just cancels the exterior noise.
The hotel is very well maintained. 5 years later, I still can't see any degradation in the rooms.
I will be returning again, again and again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Philippe P
bonnet d, Propriétaire at Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Philippe P,

We thank you for your comment and your loyalty.

See you soon,

All staff of hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes

There are newer reviews for Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The prices of hotels in Paris can be a bit steep especially in the centre. However was recommended to stay here and pleased I did. Very good room for the price and well connected to the centre. Agree entirely with recent reviews and cannot add any more except that I thought the area very safe..

Room Tip: On a main road but we were on the 5th floor and were not disturbed at all
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
bonnet d, Propriétaire at Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear davidwnorth,

Thank you for the confidence placed in our hotel and hope to welcome you during your next visit on your part.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was good. Well located for Line 1 of Metro. We found the hotel's secure car park over the road very useful and worth the 15 euros per night for peace of mind.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter as the hotel is situated on a busy main road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie W

Dear Valerie W,

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel.

Your satisfaction is most important to us and we hope to see you during your next stay in Paris.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Vincennes is rather a nice suburb with independent shops yet only minutes from Paris on the Metro. Single rooms are much as expected though here they are clean, well soundproofed and everything works. I did try to get breakfast one morning but there was no room and at 14€ too expensive. It is easy enough to go to a nearby café and a lot cheaper. Garage parking @ €15 a night has easy access and immaculately kept. As is the norm for an Isle de France hotel, the receptionist is the key and all of the ones who manned the desk during my stay were very good.

Room Tip: One at the back, it is a view of the street with potential noise or a view of rooftops with virtuall...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank PUTNEYBIKER

Dear PUTNEYBIKER,

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this place. The location is really nice, an up-class decent neighborhood with good cafes and restaurants, next to the Chateau Vincennes, and very close Vincennes metro line that will take you to mid Paris in around 15 -20 mins. The hotel has very good interiors including the rooms, well designed and you get a feel of Paris when inside. The rooms are clean,a bit small but cosy indeed. The staff are super friendly. I arrived in the morning and even though the check-in was after 12.00 noon, the Manager was really kind and courteous to have given me the room at 9.00 am! Thanks, I will certainly recommend this cosy and comfortable hotel to anyone traveling to Paris and who don't want to stay at the city center.

Room Tip: Choose rooms towards the front face or towards the road, you can get a view of the avenue de paris r...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Navraj P,

We are pleased to be welcomed in our establishment.

The entire team of the Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed for a week in this small hotel and it is perfect if you want to experience the charm of Paris away from the hustle and bustle.

Pros:
1. very good location - metro line 1 and RER A are very close to the hotel (they take you directly to Paris center)
2. very clean and modern (cleaned every day, towels changed daily, furniture in perfect condition, LCD TV, air conditioned), nicely decorated
3. very good breakfast (they also have a terrace where you can enjoy breakfast)
4. a lot of supermarkets (Monoprix as well), restaurants and cafes nearby
5. free wi-fi in the room
6. friendly atmosphere
7. wonderful neighbourhood (Chateau de Vincennes and Bois de Vincennes are a short walk away).

Cons:
1. there is no sink in the toilet room (the toilet is separate from the shower and sink), therefore you have to touch two doors in order to wash your dirty hands. It seems illogical to me to do that.
2. the manager, although a nice person and willing to help, did not know how the POS worked, therefore I had to talk to my bank 3 days in a row and argue with them because, long story short, when the hotel pre-authorised my card, the cash was blocked and my bank could not unblock it.
Luckily, on our last day there, we found a very knowledgeable lady at the reception, who was able to cash in the money by introducing the initial pre-authorisation code. I was on holiday, so I did not like the fact that I got so upset when I should have relaxed instead.
Note for the hotel: please teach everyone at the reception how to use the POS! Thank you! :)

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel for a visit to Paris!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
bonnet d, Propriétaire at Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Brunhilda7,

Thank you very much for your complimentary comments about our hotel.

Ceppendant, we would like to apologize for the problem occasioned with the bank during the pre-authorization and hope it will not happen.

Waiting to see you soon,

All hotel staff Daumesnil-Vincennes.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights in July. Our only regret was that we were not there for longer. Room and bathroom very clean and well equipped. Nice quiet neighborhood very close to Chateau Vincennes. Metro line 1 few steps away which was great for getting to center of Paris. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lollipopshoes_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
Bercy / Nation
Hotel Le home
#5 of 9 in Vincennes
Hotel Comete Paris
#41 of 1,804 in Paris

Been to Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes? Share your experiences!