“Very good !”

Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Vincennes
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here the weekend it was 30 degrees plus outside !!! It felt cool once inside and the air conditioning in our 4th floor room was so welcome. The hotel itself was very clean, comfortable, and the room , although not large, was well equipped. Nice shower, good hairdrier, toiletries, and enough towels. Michel, the receptionist, was so helpful and efficient, and couldn't do enough to help. We felt welcomed and my friend, who is French born, enjoyed having a chat. Would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I liked the neighborhood this hotel is in - grocery store, cafes, etc. I have stayed in hotels closer to the center of Paris and found that although this hotel is a 10-20 min. metro ride, I preferred the slower, quieter pace. The metro is a very short walk away.

The staff was friendly, helpful, and everyone I dealt with spoke at least a little bit of English.

The room we had was very, very small. Even though it was marked "non-smoking", the room smelled strongly of smoke and we had to keep the window open most of the time we were in the room. That being said, the room was clean and the maid service was thorough.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was a convenient hotel to my Paris office that is just a few minutes walk away. The reception was pleasant and everything was in order when I arrived. I had a front facing room on the 4th floor that was clean and reasonably sized for one. There were enough power outlets and the toilet was in a separate room from the basin & shower that were large enough and well lit for my needs. I did not eat in the hotel.

Room Tip: Colleagues tell me that the rooms on the first floor are small.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert P
bonnet d, Propriétaire at Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Robert P,

We are very pleased that your professional stay in our hotel was to your liking.

We hope to see you soon at the Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Spent a weekend visiting relatives. This hotel I would recommend for anyone going to Paris. Value for money, nice quiet location, near city with RER and Metro nearby, nice surroundings with Chateau de Vincennes and Parc Floral de Paris. Room tidy and staff friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BoA_Sthlm
bonnet d, Propriétaire at Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear madam, dear sir,

Thank you very much for your comment and hope to see you again soon ...

All the staff of the Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great hotel with friendly staff, nice and beautiful breakfast room, the rooms are small but very comfortable and spotless clean. You have everything you need. The staff is very helpfull and friendly. The hotel is ideal to visit Paris, there is Metroline 1 directly to the center of Paris at about 100-150meters and you can also easily visit Disneyland Paris by RER. We can highly recommed this hotel to visit Paris.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean_JacquesT986
bonnet d, Propriétaire at Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Jean_JacquesT986,

We would like to warmly thank you for your great comment, it is very nice for the team of the hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes to receive your praise.

Welcoming you is our priority to ensure that your stay with us more enjoyable.

Hoping to see you again soon on your next trip to Paris ..

Reviewed March 23, 2013

There were a lot things to like about this place, but overall I feel let down. For starters, there was construction happening for almost my entire 8 night stay. I feel I should have been warned about this as I would not have stayed there if I had known ahead of time. The major reason I came to Paris was to run a race. I came quite a few days early to give my self the chance to recover from jet lag since I was flying in from Australia. Basically it was a waste of time and energy to do this as sleeping during the day was almost impossible with the noise. Not only this, but I was lied to repeatedly whenever I asked how much longer the construction would continue. A couple hours, until the end of the day, until the end of the week is what I was told, but these were all lies. What confuses me is I was told when I checked in that I had the pick of the rooms as I was first to check in. I said I wanted whatever was most quiet, but they gave me a room not very far from the construction for some reason. Then when I asked for another room I was made to feel like I was creating a huge inconvenience for them.

Also, some very strong chemical smelling cleaner used in rooms, maybe dry cleaning for bedcover? Not sure, but smell seemed to get better when I put bedcover away in wardrobe. The smell wasn't there on first night, but was on second night after my room had been cleaned. This was upsetting as I had left a do not disturb sign on my door and no one should have been in my room at all. In fact, I left that sign out every day I was there and everyday the cleaners ignored it and cleaned my room, even coming into my room when I was in bed trying to sleep despite the construction noise.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank jessie m
bonnet d, Propriétaire at Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Madam,

Further your word, we are very sorry for the inconvenience about your room. In fact, we had renovation in our establishment (breakfast lounge, garden..) We have done our best not to disturb our customers. However, remember, we proposed you to change your room even in the afternoon and had a visit in another room but you didn’t.
Expecting to welcome you another time in best conditions. You have to know that this day, our renovation is finished.

Please, receive our best regards.
The Manager.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked this hotel for a business trip in Vincennes. I was really impressed with everything about this place - the rooms are spotless and well-equipped, the wifi is reliable and quick, breakfast is well worth paying extra for, and all the staff are unfailingly cheerful and polite (even when faced with my poor standard of French)

It's about a 15 minute metro or RER ride to the centre of town. Vincennes itself isn't very interesting for tourists but has good facilities, decent restaurants and locals' bakeries

Can't recommend this place highly enough

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen L
bonnet d, Propriétaire at Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Helen L,

All staff of the Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes thank you for your message.

It is true that we try to do our utmost to delight our customers because we believe that you should feel comfortable with us and you need to feel at home here.

It is also true that it is always very motivating for the team of hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes to receive feedback rewarding our work.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you again in our hotel and it could be a good solution to improve your french language.. See you soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vincennes
Bercy / Nation
Adagio Paris Vincennes
#3 of 9 in Vincennes
Best Western Saint Louis
#4 of 9 in Vincennes

Been to Hotel Daumesnil-Vincennes? Share your experiences!