“Make sure to swing past Paksi Coffee”
Review of Paksi Coffee House

Paksi Coffee House
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Borobudur
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Paksi..Paksi is Coffee House that serve not only coffee from different area of Indonesia, also food and other drinks.. Try our Fresh fruit juice.. Cozy and clean place..
Singapore, Singapore
“Make sure to swing past Paksi Coffee”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were staying at the Manohara hotel in Borobudur and randomly popped into this cafe while exploring the town outside the temple. We were very glad we did. The decor and atmosphere is relaxed and tasteful; Maya is an excellent host: the beers were cold, the coffee delicious, and the smoothies and food too. In a town that at first appearances seems to have little to do, Maya was able to provide a whole lot of tips for good places to check out in the local area, including the local tobacco farms and villages.

So if you are visiting Borobudur, make sure to swing past Paksi. It has to be one of the most relaxed and friendly cafes ever, and is a great place to learn about the local area. Maya even lent us her moped without charging a penny to let us explore - much to her regret, I'm sure, as we managed to crash it on a particularly steep hill!

Maya - thank you so much for your hospitality and patience!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Oscar T

• Indonesian first
Tauranga
“Great Coffee Great Hostess”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have just left Paksi Coffee House and want to give a 100% score to Maya.
We dropped in on a walk by knowing nothing of her reputation on Tripadvisor.

We had just had lunch down the road but popped in for a coffee.
The coffee selection was excellent and Maya's hospitality was fantastic.
A relaxing atmosphere, spotlessly clean and great conversation.

Make sure you put it on your list of things to do in Borodudur. The temple is very close by.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 2XKiwisTauranga
Wollongong, Australia
“Some of the Best Coffee in Java!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Thanks Maya for the excellent coffee and food! This is a little gem amoungst the usual higene standards of Java - Paksi Coffee house prides itself (thanks to Maya) in being exceptionally clean! There is a huge coffee selection from local to regional not to mention great tradition food freshly made. Maya took time out of her busy days to come and sit and chat with us, and share her knowledge of the area and coffee. This is a must go to place if you are in the area, as its a nice recluse that escapes the hussle and bussle of the temple area!

• Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Cafe with small selection but the freshest and best food.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Some of the best food i had in Java, though a small selection. This cafe is normally open 1200-2200, and probably normally has only a few dishes available. I had the fried chicken and rice, gado gado, and nasi goreng. The fried chicken leg was the largest i had in Java, was lightly fried, and the best i had in Java. The nasi goreng was delicate and the best in the area. And the gado gado, which is a simple dish, was also the best I had in Java. One of the reasons the food is so good is that it is all freshly made when ordered. For straight-forward, inexpensive, local food, this is a great place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank aquab0y
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excellent...even closed”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I happened to visit Borobudur for a few days last February and, having checked the reviews on TA, I made a point in going to Paksi Coffee House. However, the first time I passed in front of it while cycling around the village I could not find the spot...
So the very next day I made sure that I got the right directions and there I went. This time I found the door half open -so I figured out that the previous day it must have been totally closed, being the reason why I could not find the entrance-, I assumed it was opened this time and entered. However, inside I only found Maya, the owner, who kindly explained to me that the cafe was closed: she had just come back from her parents place and she was only cleaning the cafe and getting it ready to reopen. I apologized for interrupting her and was ready to leave but then suddenly she asked: what would you like to have? I have no food as I could not do any shopping yet but I may be able to serve you some coffee. I replied that I did not want to interfere but she insisted...come on, I´m finishing my lunch and I´ll prepare some coffee for myself so it´s no trouble. And that´s how I made myself comfortable in her cozy and clean place, reading some magazines, while she prepared coffee, which she shared with me during a really nice chat, explaining to me many things about herself, and the place and village...
I really did not want to take much of her time so after a while I decided it was time to leave. And when I asked for the bill she simply refused to charge me, explaining that, since the cafe was closed, I was not her customer but her guest.
So that´s how I had the best (and free!) Indonesian coffee of my 10 days in Java. All thanks to the warm and nice invitation by Maya. Definitely, next time I hope that the coffee house will be opened to try her food.
Many thanks, Maya, for your kindness and that great coffee I unexpectedly had at your place!!!

• Visited February 2013