We only spent one night at Amanjiwo but it was fabulous. The rooms are simple, but that doesn't mean they are not luxurious! The rooms are very comfortable with lots of space. Our room had an outdoor bathroom, a lovely little swimming pool at the front and a bale overlooking Borobudur. It really was lovely.
We joined the early morning sunrise tour of Borobudur...that 4am wake up call is a killer, but the blow is softened by the freshly baked croissant, fresh orange juice and tea or coffee that awaits you just before you leave for your tour. Needless to say the tour was very good, we added the 'intellectual tour' onto the regular tour so we could get extra information about Borobudur...
Service wise was also excellent, the service was unobtrusive and yet the staff knew when to look after you...a quick example...when we returned from our Borobudor tour at about 7am, they had been in to our room and made up the bed and tidied up in preparation for us planning to go back to bed for a short kip on our return! And that was even though we were checking out on the same day.
We tried all the food and beverage options...lunch at the pool side restaurant, dinner at the main restaurant and room service lunch. The food was well executed, very tasty and very simple...but it really is incredibly expensive to eat and drink at the hotel.
If you are going to Borobudur and you can afford it...I would strongly recommend you to stay at Amanjiwo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanjiwo (peaceful soul) overlooks Borobudur, the world's largest Buddhist sanctuary, in the rural heartland of Central Java. Located in one of the most scenic parts of the country, the Menoreh Hills rise up behind and no less than four volcanoes grace the horizon. Amanjiwo provides the opportunity for immersion in Javanese culture, offering trips to ceremonies, temples and antique shops. Private dawn and sunset visits to Borobudur and other archeological monuments in the vicinity are the highlight of a stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amanjiwo Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanjiwo Hotel Yogyakarta
- Amanjiwo Resort Yogyakarta