As with most Amam properties, the setting is a remote location but the amenities and comfort available are second to none. The service was incredible, the building truly unique. It is one of the most surreal purposely designed main building, set in the middle of rice paddies. The views, the serenity, the service makes you feel like you've just stepped back in time and are living as the royalty of the region.
The rooms are beautifully appointed. Make sure you get a room that faces Borobudur if possible - simply breath taking. Provided in your room are water colours with which you can paint the mist that surrounds this ancient monument from your outdoor bale while enjoying afternoon tea.
The service that impressed us most was that after our hike up Menorah hill - towards the back of the property, our shoes were filthy. Well, after several hours, we returned and our shoes were cleaner than before the actual hike. No other words to describe the attention to detail. It's like the staff knows what you want even before you know what you want!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanjiwo (peaceful soul) overlooks Borobudur, the world's largest Buddhist sanctuary, in the rural heartland of Central Java. Located in one of the most scenic parts of the country, the Menoreh Hills rise up behind and no less than four volcanoes grace the horizon. Amanjiwo provides the opportunity for immersion in Javanese culture, offering trips to ceremonies, temples and antique shops. Private dawn and sunset visits to Borobudur and other archeological monuments in the vicinity are the highlight of a stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amanjiwo Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanjiwo Hotel Yogyakarta
- Amanjiwo Resort Yogyakarta