This is the loveliest place I've ever stayed in. The setting is amazing-- in the middle of fields with views of Borobodur. The suites are beautiful, the service superb and the food delicious. Being able to get to Borobudur in less than 15 minutes makes the sunrise trip a pleasure and is worth the price of the room. Make sure to have the breakfast at Mt Dagi after your visit. If you have time go biking in the nearby villages with a guide from the hotel, a great way to see how the people actually live. Go look in the shop, the quality of the items is better than what you will see almost anywhere else. I kept my doors open at night (there are screens) and loved hearing the sounds of the morning and evening prayers from the nearby villages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanjiwo (peaceful soul) overlooks Borobudur, the world's largest Buddhist sanctuary, in the rural heartland of Central Java. Located in one of the most scenic parts of the country, the Menoreh Hills rise up behind and no less than four volcanoes grace the horizon. Amanjiwo provides the opportunity for immersion in Javanese culture, offering trips to ceremonies, temples and antique shops. Private dawn and sunset visits to Borobudur and other archeological monuments in the vicinity are the highlight of a stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Amanjiwo Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanjiwo Hotel Yogyakarta
- Amanjiwo Resort Yogyakarta