As soon as you enter to the entrance to the lobby area you will have a clear sight of the Borobudur. The terrace where the dining is has an arresting view of the borobudur at dawn and dusk ! Service is excellent, they are there and yet not there (if you know what i mean) There are 4 villa types to choose from – garden suites, borobudur suites, pool suites and dalem jiwo suite. We took the borodubur suite as we wanted to have a good view of the borobudur so we thought. Technically if you stand outside the patio and stretch your head out to the left you might see it on a clear day ! For a property that is more than 10 years old its well maintained but for today's comfort, certain renovations would be required. All amenities were good, with easy wifi connection (but signal was weak at times). Note to TV addicts - NO TV (which i did not missed at all)
My favourite was the 40m pool, which allows you to work on your laps (sans the descending stairs on both sides of the pool which will irritate swimmers who are looking to do their fast flip turns) Food was ok. The Aman team was at its best to please your every whims and fancies. Though i spotted inconsistency in its service rendered but good try though. Overall, good experience. If this was 20 years ago, I would have said the best ever hotel experience, but in these times, there are many other resorts that would provide similar experience hence, it need to look to differentiate again !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amanjiwo (peaceful soul) overlooks Borobudur, the world's largest Buddhist sanctuary, in the rural heartland of Central Java. Located in one of the most scenic parts of the country, the Menoreh Hills rise up behind and no less than four volcanoes grace the horizon. Amanjiwo provides the opportunity for immersion in Javanese culture, offering trips to ceremonies, temples and antique shops. Private dawn and sunset visits to Borobudur and other archeological monuments in the vicinity are the highlight of a stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amanjiwo Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanjiwo Hotel Yogyakarta
- Amanjiwo Resort Yogyakarta