- Low season now! (you can expect a lot of privacy)
- Attentive and polite staff with personalised service (dare I say VERY attentive staff. Much impressed with efforts from DWI, Benny, Mario and team (apologies for forgetting the names of everyone else). Took a few tries to get my Mocha right but when done, it was exceptional.)
- Reasonable and accommodating reception managers (At our insistence, we were allocated a different room to the one we booked due to the ongoing construction. Would have preferred a warning email about this prior to booking. Nevertheless, it was not a bother as we were placed as far from the construction as possible.)
- Proximity to Borobudur Temple (10 minutes by car. Can't complain!)
- King's breakfast (reasonable menu and variety. Chef accommodating to all requests.)
- Beautiful views (you'll be impressed on your first morning at the breakfast area, I guarantee it)
- The Hubble Telescope (sneak a peek through the expensive binoculars at breakfast and you'll be amazed at being able to identify the colour of the soles of a temple visitor a few miles away)
- The Spa (standards exceeding that of a 5star hotel. the girlfriend couldn't get enough of this. Haydee's (male therapist) foot reflexology was amazing)
- Spacious Rooms and Bathrooms. Gorgeous pool. (you get what you pay for)
- Wifi!!! (Given the location, you'd treasure this more than you ever have. Speeds are more than satisfactory.)
- Construction going on right now. (Bear this in mind when booking. Do ask for a room far away from it. You shouldn't have a problem if they can accommodate).
- Close to Nature (close enough for a few creepy crawlies to sneak into our room and bathroom overnight. An expected consequence, I suppose, given our location. Bring lots of insect repellent.)
- Restaurant pricing fairly steep (This has been mentioned before, so expect to pay more than you would even in a nice restaurant in most developed countries. No complaints about the taste)
- Lack of 24hour Room service (This should be standard for 5star hotels. Given the lack of ANY local restaurants open nearby past dinner-time, would have been also nice to have Room Service, albeit a selected menu, past the restaurant last-order time of 930pm. Had to taxi off to Amanjiwo for a late night snack on one of the nights.)
Hope this helps!
Thank you Plataran!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magical new Borobudur world class tourism facility. Mystical Borobudur.... Magical PLataran ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.