Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
$28
View deal
Booking.com$28
Agoda.com$28
Trip.com$31
eDreams$28
Tripadvisor$28
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The setting of this villa is just amazing even though it is quite a drive from Jogjakarta. A walk around the area allows you to see gorgeous rice paddies, remote villages and an amazing volcano. Highly recommend using their driver even though it is pricey but well worth it. The staff is ready to make any travel arrangements for you and always had a cold drink ready just when you needed it.

The villa itself was a little disappointing. Not the cleanest with many ants and bugs all over the place. The pool was very dirty but my kids still seemed to enjoy it. Having your room right off the pool is also very convenient. We asked for an extra fan as there is no AC and we were charged for it but again totally worth it to get a good nights sleep. The restaurant had amazing food that even my picky son loved. They always had little extras to add to the experience. Wasn't too keen on seeing a mouse running around near the kitchen but I guess that's part of the rustic charm.

I guess if you're looking for a restful retreat you will find it but if you like super clean and comfy you may want to look elsewhere. Probably wont go back even though there were many wonderful things about it.

Room tip: Any room is great as they are all off the pool but maybe bring ant traps and ear plugs.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank HilaryB269
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed here with my mother and we were impressed with the staff and comfort of the rooms. We particularly enjoyed the balcony and peaceful surroundings as well as their excellent menu. The salads were especially good and breakfast is huge. We were treated to some Javanese dance one night and that was great to see after our dinner. They gave us a lot of free treats at every meal and their lumpia are gorgeous!
We travelled to Borabudur from here and they also arranged transport to Semarang. The ladies behind the desk were helpful and well-informed. I would definitely stay again and recommend this place.

Our only small gripe might be that the balcony furniture in our villa wasn't very comfortable, but we didn't complain about it and all the other villas had basket chairs with cushions, so perhaps it was just ours. It certainly wasn't enough to make us not love the place and feel like it was good value for money.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jammytours
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed in the hotel Villa Sumbling Indah in september 2012. The place was really nice. The staff is friendly. The pool was really nice and clean. The rooms are large and quiet. The restaurant is french and very good. We highly recommanded this place.

Room tip: It is nice when you wake up in the morning with the nice view of the ricefield.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The setting and rooms are really fantastic. The staff are vy sweet and friendly.

I was not so impressed with a couple of other things though...

1) pool was a graveyard of a staggering amount of insects. I couldn't swim in it even though I really wanted to. Didn't see anyone else swimming either.

2) the French guy who owns it asked us if we needed a driver to go to for the sunrise, I asked him how much it was and he told me. I said we would think about it and get back to him if we were interested. Having read another review on here saying that they were charging far too much, I was quite conscious of what he was going to quote, so had already neared at another hotel in the town. Turns out he was charging WAY too much, so we never got back to him.

Early The next morning 2 drivers turn up inc ours and we jumped in to the dismay of the other guy, who we thought must've been for someone else.

Much later with my wife sick and both in us very tired, we returned to the hotel and a very irate proprietor! He insisted that we had booked the driver and demanded to know why we had gone off with someone else. We politely tried to explain that we never confirmed we would want a driver, in both English and French (my wife's French), but he was having none of it. He ended up snarling at us and throwing his hands in the air and walking off. I was pretty angry to say the least. Is wife was more charming, but overcharged us for the scooter we had used the day before. By this stage I couldn't be bothered to argue, despite the fact our guide to take us up to the crater of the volcanoes on the scooters had actually never been up there and we all got completely lost and freezing cold. Another story... But essentially she was making me pay extra for this service the next day! We never even saw the volcano as he admitted he'd never been there before!

Just need to temper some of these amazing reviews, as I went there completely on the back of them. If you are reading this owners, you should LOWER your driver prices and learn about customer service, as otherwise you would have a truly magical establishment to be proud of. These things count.

P.s. Make sure your driver from Yogyarkata knows exactly where the place is as ours clearly didn't and without my Ipad we'd have been 5 hours instead of just 2.5 when it should only be 1!

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
13  Thank Tom P
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Wonderful location, close enough to Borobodur yet far enough away to avoid the hassle of tourist crowds and all that comes with it. Rooms are large, and with only three/four the place is quiet. Pool is delightful with a good view towards the rice paddies. Ownders Christophe and Yanti were very friendly, met our every need from a 3.30am wake up call to motorbike rental, to preparing a tasty dinner. Heartily recommend and would visit again!

Date of stay: March 2012