“A top notch, exciting, educational, well priced adventure”

Borobudur Tours & Travel
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Borobudur
tucson
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A top notch, exciting, educational, well priced adventure”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wiedy and his colleagues put together a very nice, very affordable five day tour of Java for my wife and I. We began in Yogyakarta and then visited Borobudur, Dieng Plateau, and Bromo. Wiedy is a reliable, hard working and trustworthy local travel agent and entrepeneur. I particularly recommend the two hour bike trip around villages near Borobudur which was a real highlight. Also, make sure you stay overnight in Borobudur to enjoy this world heritage site in the late afternoon and early morning before the hordes of tourists descend in the hot midday hours. Our driver for the trip was a kind hearted and professional man who spoke little English which made some conversation a bit challenging; you might consider paying extra for an English speaking guide if you want more explanations and information about the country and culture during the driving portion of a trip that is several days in length.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank eschindler

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Java tour borobudur etc”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Had a great trip with Weidy and his team, the highlights where Borobudur,Prambanan Temples,the Dieng Plateau and Merapi. I stayed in great hotels and would not hesitate in recommending these tours.I think at leased 4-7 days stay.
regards and safe travel Martin Pearson

Visited September 2012
1 Thank sharpist1
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Family Trip”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've long heard from our Indonesia domestic helper how beautiful Java is. After checking out the photos posted on the Internet, I was eager to bring my family there. Through this website, I get to know about Wiedy's team. He suggested and planned out the places we wanted to visit in 7days. We travelled from Surabaya to Yogjarkarta. Everything was based on trust, we didn't make any payment over the net, but his team have already booked and placed deposits for all the accommodations in advance for us. An English speaking driver, Rudy, came with a mini bus which can take 10 person to pick 5 of us up. We were so touched by Wiedy's thoughtfulness as he said the 3 children may need to sleep during the long journey. Indeed, the good space and comfort in the bus have ensure good naps between each destination. The bus was so convenient as we could safely leave all our things there. Rudy is very good in navigation and well informed as there aren't many road signs on the small roads. We get to stay in front of Mount Bromo volcano, horse rides to the crater, visit the waterfall where one of the previous king meditates, stay in a well organized organic farm, managed to visit 2 of our ex-domestic helpers, stay in hotel for the late first president of Indonesia, in hotel inside Borobudur temple(hence we need not pay entrance fee), visit a world class zoo(Batu Secret zoo), water rafting, caving on tubes and get to buy very yummy goodies back home. This is a fantastic trip. Everything was great and would not be possible without Wiedy and Rudy's help. His team is trustable and honest. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
5 Thank Jocelyn G
Ridgewood, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour Guide”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Weidy and team were as good as I had read here. Just went for the day on Dec 1. He picked me up at the airport, took me to Borobudur, set me up with a separate excellent tour guide there, then took me to nice restaurant for lunch attached to a silversmith's shop. Then a short tour of Yogyakarta and to a Batik artist's studio and back to the airport. All the way driven safely and smoothly in a new van while hearing all about the history of the city, temple, culture and people. He has also devoted a lot of his own time to teaching English to many of the local people of the area around Borobudur so he also has the great respect of people running the site and all the staff there. His suggestion is to come and spend the night before your visit there and I would agree that it was quite hectic to fly from Jakarta to there and back again all in a day - but still well worth it if that is all the time you have. Temple was amazing.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank James C
Milford, Nj
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great Program and Services”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Arranged travel for both Jojga and Torajaland through Wiedy Antara. Very professional arrangments and most helpful including internal air tickets. Guides and vehicles were first rat. Though Wiedy did not go along with us, he met us at every location in Jogja to ensure that all is well. Highly recommend him and his company for the programs. Would definitely use him again for for all my arrangements. Staying on the grounds at Bordubur is stronly recommended. The Manohora Hotel is more than basic was the setting is perfect. Wish that we had spent two nights there instead of one and extended our stay in Jogja by one night.

Visited July 2012