Stayed there for 3 nights and 3 days with family. Used this place as the base to sight-see the numerous temples around Kumbakonam.
- reasonably good location. Not on a arterial road and so the place is not too noisy.
- SBI ATM just about 50m from the inn
- very comfortable beds
- spacious rooms. We took a suite kind which had 2 rooms and a hall. I guess it was meant to be a flat that is now being used as a hotel. Comfortable beds. Lights work. Fans too, albeit the one in my room was a bit noisy
- Bathrooms had rugs. Toilets were clean. Towels were OK.
- Best part is that the geysers worked despite the frequent and prolonged power cuts(10-14 hours a day). They had generator sets. That to me was so important as it gave me the flexibility to plan my travel irrespective of the current-problem that Kumbakonam and the rest of TN as well have.
- the reception staff were courteous and generally the staff looked helpful
- the bell boys help you move your luggage from the vehicle to your room without you having to request either while checking-in or checking out
- Could not find any restaurant in the immediate vicity other than the in-house one, which we did not try
- parking could be an irk-some issue as there is enough space to park only one behind the other. So taking the car out needs co-ordination with other cars parked behind
- there is a bar in the ground floor. It was not an issue, but nevertheless it was a bother in the back of my mind
- the staff would not change the towels unless you asked for it. I asked for a new set of towels on the 3rd day's night around 8:00PM but I could not get a new set of towels. The excuse was that the towels would be available only after 6:00AM the next morning. Most tourists to this place would leave by 6:00AM itself as this is a temple town. So this looked to be a lame excuse to me.
- do not expect coffee/tea before 6:15AM. The kitchen number will not be answered until then. This was quite a dampener for us as we invariable started our sight-seeing early and would leave by 6:00AM for temple-hopping
- no lifts. We were put up on the 2nd floor and for my aged parents that was a bother
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Le Garden Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.