“Great hotel”
Review of Sara Regency

Sara Regency
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Kumbakonam
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am a club mahindra member which is Known for great hospitality. We family of four including 2 children under 10 years came here after having holiday in Pondicherry. We were little skeptical while check-in. We stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Room is very big clean and had nice bathroom. Food in restaurant is very good. All the staff are not conversant in English. However that's not an issue as each one of them always ready to help us. Mr.Arun is really nice and helped us to plan our navagraga temple visit along with some really wonderful temples around kumbakonam. This hotel I will recommend for all kinds of travelers. Location is excellent. It's not in noisy location and at the same time just 1-2 kms from the town. If you want to try food outside of this hotel, the other better option is quality-inn viha.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Krishnamohan M

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The best hotel in Kumbakonam at present I suppose.We stayed for 3 nights (Oct 2,3,4 ).
Very Clean and tastefully designed rooms. The food at the restaurant & WiFi connectivity
@ the hotel was really good. Mr Arun Raj was very courteous and noticed that he takes good
care of the guests at the hotel.Also Ms Vinodini had coordinated our travel arrangements
very well.
My first choice will be Sara Regency whenever I visit kumbakonam........

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank shaijai
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for couple of days and would definitely recommend it to others. During our stay had some medical emergency situation and didn't expect some one from sara regency to come with us to hospitals early in the morning. Services provided were great, room cleanliness and presentation was stunning. Didn't expect this sort of service in Kumbakonum.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Karthik T
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel, though not located near bus stand, is located in a calm locality (Auto Nagar). Reception is good, though they are not well verse in English - but decent and talk respectfully treating the guests fairly. One should not miss out the buffet breakfast including aappam with coconut milk. Great breakfast. Overall, bit expensive hotel - but fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

As I entered in to this hotel the appearence it self I thought I am in Chinatown. You have more resemblence of a hotel in China. The front office are very pleasant, esp. Mr . Arun and M/s Vinodini. . These people are very helpful to me.They even allowed me to call a few places to talk for free.
They even advised me to walk a bit up to the broken bridge and go to the town centre for dinner.
They even advised me to eat in a restaurant that is in the town centre.
The hotel is very clean, provided with tea and coffee making facilities in the room.. So nice of them. They even provided me a sewing kit as my button came off. Thank you very much.
Good english speaking people.
Next day at 7 in the morning brerakfast is ready.. I saw some varieties in the menu. Tea and coffee are served in cups and saucers. You can ask for more if you want.
Overall a good place to stay, and they even have a restaurant in the hotel and it closes at 11 pm. So you can always get a cup of coffee or tea..

Room Tip: Any room is very comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Santhira S
Reviewed September 21, 2013

After personally visiting various hotels and villa-resorts in Kumbakonam, we booked a total of 5 rooms between 13 Jun to 19 Jun in all 3 categories - Standard, Deluxe, and Executive Deluxe. By far, the most pleasant hotel in the temple town of Kumbakonam in many regards. Teetotallers will further appreciate the absence of a bar.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

First time stayed here with family and everyone had superb time. First impression upon registration at the reception was already good. The service provided was also good, they had warmth, friendliness and most of all they were service orientated. Definitely I will stay here again with family or friends. And yes I will advice my Frens to come and stay in Sara regency. The waiter, Mohd Nasir in their restaurant had our best interest and always wanted to help us knowing that we are foreigners.

• Stayed: September 2013