“Unfriendly Frontstaff.”
Review of Hotel Le Garden

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kumbakonam
Ranked #14 of 33 Kumbakonam B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I had booked a room at 'Le Garden Inn' for a day. Landed in the morning and was given the keys. Pay'd the money (Rs. 1000) but was not given the receipt. We came back in the evening (for face wash before proceeding to the bus) and asked for the keys. To our astonishment the front-desk was not ready to give the keys. He (Ashok) said the room was vacant and was not assigned to anybody. I did not have the receipt (thought that I will collect in the evening). So, we had to use the common bathroom (travelled with Parents) and it was extremely discomforting.

I asked for the Manager's number but did not get it. I asked for the receipt but the frontdesk said it had gone to accounts. It was extremely frustrating.

I came back to Bangalore and called the General Manager (got his number from their website) who lead me to another Manager and reported the matter. He apologized and told me that he will get back to me.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travellerKumbakonam

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Traveled to Kumbakonam on work and stayed in Le Garden for a day. Hotel is good and the room is clean.Would recommend for a budget traveler. Food wasnt bad either.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank myhideout
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had stayed at Le Garden from 18th Jan 2012 to 19th Jan, in a standard double room. Room okay, maintainence not upto the expected mark. Lock would'nt open to the keycard or to the key and we had to stay stranded for 15 minutes while the hotel staff tried to open the room door. Food horrible. First time I had iced idly in my life. Food quality not proper and better to eat at various small places abound in Kumbakonam, where taste and hygiene are better. Room rent is a bit on the higher side. The credit card swiping machine did not work and I was forced to pay cash, which I kept for emergencies. On the whole, okay place to stay, but do not eat there.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We went to Kumbakonam to carry back pleasent memories. Well, we do have these due to various reasons but these were also negated to a greart extent by our stay at this hotel. Supposed to be three star (the way they advertise).
THough we had booked a superior room, we were given room 111, a rat hole and nothing more. You open the only window and it opens to the celing of a bar below. You close the window and you are in a dark tunnel of sort!!!!
After a brief fight, we were given a 'room' in third floor. Now come other experiences. Interested parties can read on or those who dont have time but have plans to go to Kumbakonam with family, opt for any other place other than this hotel. A written complaint to the General Manager with a request to call me went unheeded even after two days.

I had spceifically asked for two good rooms for my relatives and yet again they were given the rat hole 111. No arguments. We were curtly told that we can go look for another hotel if needed. I dont want to write the name of the front office person who said this to me

Later we had to shell out double the amount to shift them to a suite where they did not even stay for two hours!!

Restaurant - Food was terrible. We cursed ourselves.
Room service -- More terrible. You ask for Coffee quickly and for them quick means minimum 30 - 45 minutes of powder milk coffee. (Kumbakonam is known for Degree filter coffee!!!!!)

HouseKeeping - We had a fan with no regulator and as Kumbakonam seems not to have any electrical shop, we could not use the fan for all the five days we stayed!!!

CONCLUSION - Stay at your own risk!!

Room Tip: When I dont even recommend this hotel why to give a tip about a good room in this hotel
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Le Garden or Le Scammers or even Le Fraud

A disappointing stay for 3000 bucks a night that we had to shell out for the pathetic, overrated rooms.

First off, we did not get the requested rooms that we were promised earlier...
When we did get it, the first thing we noticed as soon the door was opened, was a cockroach scurrying away on the bed. When asked about this, the 'intelligent' bellboy brought a room freshener to get rid of it!

Shabby furniture, poor lighting, broken fittings, hard beds, no windows (only windows opened to some crummy pipes), terrible food, lukewarm coffee and hot water from taps flowing after three buckets of cold water were wasted.

The TV in the room looked like it was hurriedly put in front of the dresser, absolutely covering the entire mirror. We had to adjust and get dressed only in the bathroom.

I don't think this hotel has any rating whatsoever, and none of the personnel are qualified in any hotel management and customer services.

They need to be sued for every paisa, for advertising false claims on their website and not providing the appropriate service to customers. The manager/owner did not bother to turn up or call us when we requested to speak to him, so I am guessing he should be hearing from a lawyer next very soon.

Room Tip: A general tip - Make sure the bed is comfortable. Then you know the hotel has not scrimped in provid...
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I couldnt agree more with the other reviews before me. Very poor lighting. For very strange reasons, they kept the lights off at the lobby, most of the time. This hotel does not fit 3 Star ratings. The only reason plp would come here was because of the location i guess. Very disappointed as the hotel looks so much different from what it looks on the internet. We had to take the suite , but even that was not up to expectations. No wifi and the browsing centre they mentioned on the web is actually a room with a single computer in it. LOL. The worst was the comforters were so dusty that i had sorethroat and couldnt stop sneezing which resulted in flu and fever the next day. Overall, it was very disappointing

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tanusya_M
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Contrary to what was advertised in the hotel website internet access was not functioning. The décor was shabby. The furniture looked old and used. Lighting was very poor. Natural light was absent. There was paper stuck on the windows as the windows faced drain pipes. The bathroom fitting were weird. The taps leaked. Food was average with little choice for vegetarians. Funny that typical south Indian cuisine of idlis and dosas was missing altogether from the menu. Many other items on the menu were unavailable too. Room service provided coffee in metal containers which could not maintain heat. Hence coffee arrived to the room lukewarm and not hot. When we ordered a soft drink, the staff forgot to open the bottle and there was no bottle opener in the room. There were poor coordination between service staff and reception. The room was not cleaned despite leaving ‘Clean the room’ switch on. After repeated requests the room was cleaned but housekeeping staff forgot to leave fresh towels! That had to be requested again. Some towels were stained and looked worn out. There was a big stain on the bedcover. Shower had no pressure.
Parking was a nightmare. There was hardly enough space for 4 cars but the staff crammed in 8 cars with two in a row. As a result the cars behind got stuck.
Hotel looks fitted with centralized air-conditioning system but they keep it switched off. Consequently the entire hotel feels stuffy and hot with little ventilation. It had rained the week before we stayed so there was an additional dank odour lingering in the corridors.
Complimentary breakfast was set up below ground level in an adjacent building. Guests had to come out of the main Hotel door and go down for breakfast.
The table setting for breakfast was poor. Garish coloured satin borders contrasted badly with plastic flowers placed on top.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family