“Indian Food”
Review of Restaurante Sarita

Restaurante Sarita
Ranked #7 of 143 Restaurants in El Albir
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are an English family run Indian Restaurant, we have been established for 13 years we have 3 Punjabi Chefs Joginder, Kris & Love and our aims are to provide our customers with Quality Authentic Indian cuisine served in a comfortable chilled out atmosphere with great service. We hope to see you soon.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Indian Food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Very good curry house. Ambiance very good, Food was excellent. Service very good and was reasonably priced.

Visited July 2013
DanielHughes, Owner at Restaurante Sarita, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review via trip advisor. Its really nice to hear from our customers who recognize and appreciate what we are doing here at Saritas.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards.
Danny & team.

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Excellent overall”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Been visiting Albir for many years now and Saritas Restaurant is always the top of our list, so we decided to bring our friends who are not to keen on indian cuisine however they left more than satisfied.

We came on a night through the week so didnt feel the need to reserve but as we arrived the terrace was full. Not to worry, the kind young waiter explained to us that we could have a few drinks inside on the sofa while we wait for a table and the next table that came free would be ours. My friend was impressed with the interior decor and the sheer cleanliness. The staff brought us our drinks and also gave us a few popadoms while they prepared our table. We could see the restaurant was busy but impressed with the sheer professionalism of the staff, making us feel welcome. A few minutes had passed and our table was ready.

I explained to the waiter that our friends were not familiar with indian cuisine and not keen on curry so he advised and recommended the tandoori mixed grill to which was a perfect choice as my friend ate the whole lot. My wife and I opted for the usual Madras, every year seems to get more tastier.

Excellent food and staff, lovely setting near the beach. Always made to fell welcome. Overall 10/10, looking forward to our next visit Jim and Bev

• Visited September 2013
Dear Jim & Bev.

Thank you so much for your review it was really nice to hear that you and your friends really enjoyed your experience here at Saritas. My staff and i really appreciated your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Danny & Team.
London, United Kingdom
“Very Good Restaurant”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Food was very good, its not like a normal indian restaurant they do not rush you in any way, cater very well for children (their own English menu), 1 comment we thought there was a lot of tomato used in the dishes, next time we'll ask for the food a bit more spicy, would go there again

Visited September 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback via trip advisor, i am pleased you appreciated the fact that our customers are not rushed in and out of the restaurant as we want them to have the best experience possible and this is why we can only take bookings for the first sitting in the summer as some customers enjoy the atmosphere so much that they will stay all night and thats fine with us. My chefs make all the curries from scratch and their base sauce is made from onions and tomatoes and the quantity of sauce will vary depending on which dish is ordered, please discuss this with one of the waiting staff on your next visit who would be more than pleased to advise you regarding the dishes and spices.

Thanks for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Danny
Javea, Spain
“If this place is "No.1 in Albir", I am sorry for the rest!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife ( for her birthday), & I drove 45 Km. South to "Sarita" and friends, one also having a birthday, drove a similar distance North to meet wiith is at "Sarita", Albir. I ordered a "Lager dash" drink. When it came, looking very pale, I could see that it was drowned in lemonade. When I sipped it, it was "del tiempo" anything but cold so that was dissapointment No1. I asked the British waiter ( I never saw an Indian!) to put it in the DEEP FREEZE and emphasised, NOT THE FRIDGE, as I knew that would be quick enough. About a quarter of an hour later my drink was returned, far from 4* C but I could see that they were not up providing a "lager dash". They must have known what it was, as it was never queried. Now the fun really starts!

I ordered "lamb vindaloo". Some time later, hot plates were placed on the table....yippee! Then we waited .....and waited ...then, when the plates were COLD, the food arrived. And this is "No. 1 Restaurant in Albir".....you have to be joking! I did not complain, but politely asked if they had plate/food warmers which were then brought. The waiter did come to ask if everything was "alright?". I did not reply but kept my head down as I had already had to make too may critiscisms for what was to be a pleasant birthday meal and did not want to mmention that my "vindaloo2 was not even a "Madras" and the lamb was a tup!

I have, before wriiting this review, contacted the proprietors who replied that they needed to speak to the Staff before commenting. One would have thought that the Staff should have been approached in order to provide a reasonable reply to my email. Several days have elapsed and no further reply has been received from them. I am not a "Grumpy Old Sod" but merely someone who does not take kindly to being treated like an idiot who does not know what an average Indian restaurant like those we have in Javea, would provide without having to ask.

Outside seating has traffic noise, buses, etc.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Hal P
I was really disappointed to read this review especially when i had written to the customer personally (which i have attached a copy) for any customer to leave our premises not totally satisfied is always frustrating. Regarding the beer not being served at the right temperature can easily of been rectified by asking for a replacement rather than going through the rigmarole of trying to freeze it. We have had no further complaints about our beer temperature and we have our pumps serviced regularly. Regarding the plates we take full responsibility for them not being as hot as we would of liked however my waiting staff would of been more than pleased to of changed them the same goes for the food this is the reason the tables are revisited. If we know beforehand that any of our customers are celebrating a birthday then we always decorate the tables and bring out a piece of cake with a sparkler at the end of the meal. I am very confident in my staff and what we do here and this is reflected in our rating on trip advisor and in the reputation that we have built up over the last ten years. I was contacted before this review was written but my reply didn't mention anything about speaking to the staff before commenting. I felt i responded in a very quick and professional way and any complaints received are taken very seriously and discussed amongst our team as we are always striving to offer our customers the best dining experience possible. Its just a shame that this wasn't achieved on this visit and that the customer had to write such a bad review via trip advisor.

Copy of Letter...

Dear Hal.

Thank you for your email.

I was sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience here at Saritas.

Its such a shame that we were not informed that there was a birthday within the party beforehand as we always decorate the tables and offer our clients a birthday cake.
With regards to the food my staff and i always revisit the tables to make sure everything is ok as this gives us the chance rectify any issues, if we are not given that chance then we end up feeling disappointed as well.

Thank you for bringing the points to my attention i will discuss them with my staff as we are always striving to offer our customers the best dining experience possible.

Daniel Hughes.
Owner Restaurante Saritas.
Alicante, Spain
“great indian restaurant”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

great indian restaurant, eaten there for years still good consistent food, service and value for money

Visited September 2013
DanielHughes, Owner at Restaurante Sarita, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review via trip advisor and thank you for your support over the years. My team and i always appreciate it when our customers not only recognize what we do here but also take the time to write about it. Our aim at Saritas is to be consistent with good service and value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards,