“Absolutely amazing in every way!”
Review of Restaurante Sarita

Restaurante Sarita
Ranked #15 of 159 Restaurants in El Albir
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Description: We are an English family run Indian Restaurant, we have been established for 13 years we have 3 Punjabi Chefs Joginder, Kris & Love and our aims are to provide our customers with Quality Authentic Indian cuisine served in a comfortable chilled out atmosphere with great service. We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

First of all I'm very proud and happy to say that I've been part of the team for 3 months (june, july and august) this summer. It has been an absolute pleasure working with this team and serving our lovely customers with good food. I wish you all the best in the future and i'm confident Sarita's will remain the number one restaurant in Albir.

Because I worked here and visited the restaurant several times with my boyfriend and friends aswell I've had the unique chance of experiencing both sides (serving customers and being served as a customer).

The service is excellent. It doesn't matter how busy it is, you're always well looked after, very polite and happy staff. The staff speaks different languages aswel; English, Spanish, Dutch, Icelandic, Norwegian, German, French. Almost every customer can be served in their own language if they prefer that. Also, menus are available in English, Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, French, German and Russian. The staff do not forget the kids. There are toys available for children every age, books, colouring stuff etc. High chairs are available too.

There are 4 set menus; a menu del dia for 10,90 per person available during lunch time, a 3 course set menu for two for 42 euros with a bottle of house wine included, a 3 course set menu for four for 84 euros with two bottles of house wine and a jug of water included and last but certainly not least a children's menu. The children's menu has 3 options; fish fingers and chips, chicken nuggets and chips or mixed chicken, vegetable rice and a small plain naan. The menu includes a drink and dessert for 7,90 per child. I personally do not find Sarita's expensive because u get good value for your money; fresh food and big portions but there are options for everyone, small or big budgets, couples, friends or families with kids, large groups, special occasions etc.

The food is absolutely amazing. As a Dutch person I've never had Indian food before because it's not popular at all in Holland (compared to Surinam and Indonesian food). Because I worked there I got a curry every night after work to take home with me. I've had every curry on the menu and I've enjoyed all of them. Every dish gets freshly cooked with fresh ingredients and a lot of love. Every dish can be prepared as mild or as spicy as you want it. Everything is gluten free and if you're allergic for nuts or coriander per example you can request the chefs to leave that out of the dish.

The atmosphere is one of a kind. Everything is set up in a beautiful way. From inside, the terrace, the bar till the way the waitresses are dressed. You can tell there has been put a lot of thought into it and I personally appreciate that very much. The fact that there's a belly dancer every Monday, Wednesday and Friday night makes it all complete.

I want to thank Danny, John, Claudine, Kerry, Mel, Emma, Kathy, AJ, Scott, Mirella, Jim, Chris and Love for the amazing time I've had working at Sarita's. It's been a good three months. Hopefully see you next year!

Cheers,

Katie

DanielHughes, Owner at Restaurante Sarita, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your positive review it was an absolute pleasure to have you here as well, and your right you had the unique chance of experiencing both sides and we were pleased you understood and appreciated our ethos.

We really hope you come back.

Kind Regards
Danny & team

Reviewed August 27, 2013

First time i went to sarita was in 2010. After that i have been there many many times. We have had big birthay parties there that went very well. Love the food and the staff.

Thank you for your review and continued support my staff and i really appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Service was quick and good, the cheese nan an absolute pleasure to eat and the mango lassi was sweet and good after a spicy meal. Worth the visit because the owners care about the food they service which is not the case in the seafront restaurants.

Your absolutely right we care very much about the food & service here at Saritas, and we really appreciate that you not only recognize that but you have taken the time to write about it.

Many Thanks

Danny & Team

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have eaten at Sarita's on numerous occasions & the food/service is always of the highest quality. This week, 12 of us attended a birthday dinner there and everybody had a fabulous meal. It was an extremely busy evening, but the food all came out at the same time & was hot, a difficult task in itself when catering for a large party. The service from Danny & his team was A class. It is my family's favourite restaurant here in Spain & we look forward to many more return visits.

Thank you for your recent review, my staff and i really appreciated your positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Saritas was booked to celebrate my 40th birthday. Our party was a range of ages (from 3 years upwards) and they catered for us all. The food was excellent and the service superb. We will definitely be returning on our next visit to the region.

DanielHughes, Owner at Restaurante Sarita, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. Im really pleased to hear you enjoyed your 40th birthday here at Saritas. We look forward to seeing you again when you next visit the region.

Kind Regards.