“The best ever relaxation!”

SHA Wellness Clinic
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in El Albir
Odessa, Ukraine
“The best ever relaxation!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The trip to SHA was my husband’s present for me. And it was the best present I’ve ever received. The first impression was beyond all praise. I loved the place where the clinic is situated! It’s so fantastic! The views are wonderful and the climate is so mild, it seems that you can touch that fresh air! This only thing made me so full of energy. The hotel itself is amazing! The staff makes everything for you to feel relaxed and satisfied. The detox programme made me feel reborn. I lost lot’s of health problems and received lots of practical advice. The food was so healthy but at the same time it was so tasty - it was ‘Mmmm…’, ‘Oh my God’, ‘Oh dear!’!!! Yes, I’m a little bit obsessed on food and of course I didn’t miss any macrobiotics lecture. Yoga and massage are so relaxing and at the same time are so inspiring! Sha is the place were both your soul and body can relax. Hope to visit you again next year! And thanks a lot for being such a wonderful place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kate_fun
SHAWellness, Manager at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind and honest comment about your stay at SHA. We are really happy to know you keep this great impression about us and we are glad to know we make you feel so good with your SHA Experience.

We hope you are able to keep with the healthy diet and lifestyle you learnt thanks to the healthy cooking classes and talks at our SHA Life Learning program and we already look forward to welcoming you soon as you mention in your review.

Please find SHA as your second home.
SHA Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ukraine
Reviewed August 30, 2013

when i was planing our vacation with my husband, we decided to try something new, not just laying on the beach but combine health and rest. our choice was Sha Clinic! there we had everything that we wanted!!!and even more))) the hotel is amazing, every person that works there is professional! and cares about their guests! our room had a terrace and that was my favourite place) treatments was very good, massages and spa make me felt like i was in paradise) the food was healthy and at the same time so tasty! and, of course, i even dont have words to describe the view and the area where this clinic is situated!! it was just FANTASTIC! we are very happy we were there and of course want to come back!! thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Oksana O
Dear Madam,

We really appreciate your positive review about SHA and we are glad to make you discover this new kind of vacation thanks to our healthy holidays offer. Combining relax and health is a really good option for you.

Thank you so much and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I came back from SHA a couple of days ago and the results of my two-week staying there won’t cease to amaze me! I joined the detox program and it’s definitely highly recommended!
My skin looks (and feels) fantastic, I feel so full of energy and the best part of it is the weigh loss – what I now see in a mirror puts a huge smile on my face.
Yes, the whole package comes with a hefty price tag but that definitely worth it.
As for the rip-off , here is my experience: during these two weeks I was getting some dentist works done. Due to a major misunderstanding between me and the doctor, several expensive procedures were carried out and consequently added to my bill without me realizing that. Obviously, I was super disappointed and upset when I saw a total of 4 times more when I was expecting since I never agreed to these services in the first place.
And I should say SHA team handled “the situation” with the most class and grace! Without dragging me into the whole “who said what” conversation they just immediately offered to eliminate everything that wasn’t authorized by me from the outset.
Bravo SHA and most certainly see you soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 11Yana11
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Madam,
Thank you so much for your positive review about SHA. We are glad to see you got those amazing results you talk about with our Detox Program and we hope you keep them at home with the tips and recommendations you have surely learnt during your stay with us.
Regarding to the rip-off, as you said, it was a complete misunderstood and we are happy to see we were able to solve it as we always try to do with our best efforts.
Thank you again for your kind comment and we hope to see you soon again. Please find SHA as your second home.
Yours sincerely,
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

There are dark areas on the grounds between the major areas. After dark, darkness, the sensor lights either came on AFTER I had passed through or they didn't come at all. This was especially bothersome in the dark areas where there are stairs. I heard that one of the female guests had fallen and had some injuries. I found lots of inconsistencies during my stay and although the resort looks beautiful in professional pictures, I found it dirty and poorly laid out. If its raining, its not fun. Some guests have to walk outside to get from some rooms to the main buildings. I also feel concerned about the medical qualifications of the doctors. When I googled them, it seems that only one is an MD and he also works at a clinic in Benidorm. And, although another is promoted as "world famous" there is no backup to this anywhere online. I will never return nor recommend this place. It is an expensive place and although I love luxury, this was nowhere near the standard of luxury I expect at this price. I was ripped off!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
21 Thank Sunlover J
SHAWellness, General Manager at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Sir or Madam,

First of all we would like to thank you for honest review. We have read your comments very attentively and they will be extremely useful to help build and improve our service levels for the future. We deeply regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and we sincerely apologize for this.

Regarding the problem with the sensor lights, we are also very sorry as this is very unusual; our Maintenance team is already aware of this and is thoroughly checking all systems to avoid future situations like this one and to ensure everything works correctly.
Referring to the lack of cleanliness you outlined, we can only apologize and be surprised because our team is fully trained to thoroughly clean all our facilities every day, and it is an aspect that most of our guests have positively responded to.

Thirdly, regarding your complaint about the credibility of our medial team, we apologize profusely yet again. At SHA we work very hard to ensure that our clinical team is up to the highest level of standard and therefore every team member goes through a comprehensive screening process to ensure this high level of standard. As you noted, we have some team members who also work at local clinics. We would like to refer to our website where you can read in-depth all their credentials.

The SHA team.
Odessa, Ukraine
Reviewed March 31, 2013

For me SHA is a place where I find myself... during 2 weeks I am loosing here kilos, troubles, deseases and worries that I've carefully collected by months of work. Here I come back to whom I am: healthy, beautiful, creative )))
Through the complex method of healthy (but yammi !!!) food, individual treatment (you really feel here as at home), spiritual classes and medical examination, to say nothing about the unbeliavable sea-mountains view and pure air, they clear up both my body and mind!
In SHA day by day you feel care by dozens people from a waiter or tai chi master to the dentist or acupuncture doctor. You really get to another world, that for me is a best place of
of inspiration!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you so much for your kind comment. We are really happy to help you with your health and relaxation purposes, to hear that you came back home as a new person, and we hope to welcome you again very soon. Please find SHA as your second home, it is a real pleasure to receive guests like you and we will do our best to make your next SHA experience even better than this one.

Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I managed to find the calm and peace that I was looking for, Find my inner self.
The premises are of a minimalist luxury, located in a paradisiatic place, overlooking the Mediterranean the valley and the sky line of Benidorm, absolutly breathtaking.

The staff very nice and wellcoming. Treatments and food, real heaven.
I feel renovated inside out, with energy and calm.

For sure I will come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SHAWellness, Manager at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comment. We are really happy to help you with your health and relaxation purposes and hope to see you again. Please find SHA as your second home, it is a real pleasure to receive guests like you and we will do our best to make your next SHA experience even better than this one.

Paris, France
Reviewed March 13, 2013

How can SHA call itself a clinic when none of the staff seem to have professional designations after their names? In fact, by the end of my stay I felt that this was a place where vulnerable people pay big money for HOPE. Several people I talked to had been given serious illness diagnoses and they were willing to pay for just that – hope. In my case, the doctors were quick to give me advice about what to eat and what not to eat, which was ok with me. However, one of the doctors wanted me to have a “blood test”, for which the cost would be more than expense and also wanted to prescribe a special german product for me. He told me to take it for a month at a cost of more than 500 Euros. What he did not tell me at the time was that I would need to take it for more than six months for it to take effect. It seemed that whichever way I turned, somebody tried to sell me another expensive service. The service in the restaurant was excellent, but the food very mediocre. People were obviously losing weight – but then again, who wouldn’t on a diet of miso soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I sent meals back for several reasons, but the one I remember most was very strange, inedible. I understand the famous chef had recently left so wondered if perhaps the kitchen was having trouble adjusting to recipes he had pioneered. I was instructed to avoid refined products and soy products that had not been fermented for at least two years, so I was surprised to see white bread served, and “soy cream” with desserts. It seemed that what I was told to do was different than what the restaurant does! My room was OK but it was not clean. Although the maids came each day, the floors were not washed and the carpet was not hoovered. In fact, a dirty spill on the floor in my bathroom was there when I arrived and still there when I left. I found it strange that my room had a kitchen with a cooker, but no utensils etc. and nowhere to buy groceries but for sure, i was on diet. During my stay, neither towels nor sheets were changed. This place reminds me that all that glitters is not gold!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
17 Thank onthemood
SHAWellness, Gerente at SHA Wellness Clinic, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Madam,
Firstly we would like to thank you for your comments and ratings, which be sure we will take into consideration in order to improve day by day. We deeply regret that your stay did not meet your expectations and we apologize for it.
However, we wanted to indicate that our medical team consists of renowned international doctors whose professionalism is unquestionable. If they recommended you some analysis or specific products was because they considered them necessary or beneficial to your health. As for the German product referred, its description involves misunderstandings because although it is recommended to be taken during six months, in just one month the benefits and effects can be noticed.
We are also very sorry that you did not like our food and quite surprising because it is an aspect that most of our guests positively stands. Furthermore, we note that weight loss depends on the type of diet you choose and it is always adapted to the needs and objectives of our guests. In fact, those who do not come to lose weight often leave SHA especially happy because of our gourmet menu.
As for the difference between what is recommended in the consultations of healthy nutrition and what is offered in the restaurant, again it depends on the needs of each person and its personal diet.
Referring to the lack of cleanliness you define, we can only apologize and be surprised because our team is fully trained to deeply clean all our facilities every day. As to the sheets and towels, for ecological and energy reasons, as a general rule they are changed every three days. However, if a guest wishes to have them changed more often our tem just needs to be informed and we will have no objection of doing so.
Regarding the rooms with kitchen, these are designed to offer private cooking lessons in them for which the team has all the necessary utensils and ingredients. However, if you wished to use it, if only you had asked for it to a member of our team, we would have brought them to you although, as you rightly said, it is not recommended if you want to follow your diet. However, we reiterate our apologies for failing to make your stay satisfactory and we would like to welcome you back in the future so you can see our improvements. All members of our team are working every day to improve and deliver the excellence that our guests deserve.
The SHA team.
Villa Venecia Hotel Boutique
Hotel Kaktus Albir
Hotel Kaktus Albir
#3 of 14 in L'Alfas del Pi

Been to SHA Wellness Clinic? Share your experiences!