Perched high on a hill overlooking the Costa Blanca and the Mediterranean, the SHA clinic offers magnificent, almost 360 degree views from it's stunning roof top terrace, which also houses the lovely indoor and outdoor restaurant, and their gorgeous infinity pool surrounded by ample terraces dotted with chaises loungues for sun bathing between treatments. Lunch on the terrace under the large white canvas market umbrellas was wonderful, no sense of being in a detox clinic but rather in a sexy restaurant in St Tropez. The standard rooms are spacious and very pleasant, furnished in keeping with the clean minimalist design of the clinic, offering a large walk in wardrobe plus additional closets and a semi-separate sitting area opening unto a lovely large furnished terrace. As some of the reviewers have complained, it appears that most of the reception staff are young trainees, however I found them friendly and willing to accommodate the constant changes in appointment schedules requested by the guests, myself included, as the spa menu is pretty vast and can be a bit daunting at first, requiring adjustments as one familiarizes with the offer. I found all the therapists excellent. Some of the consultants, although very polite and friendly, unless they are of Northern European background, do have a rather rudimental English vocabulary, I can only image it would make it quite difficult for someone without any knowledge of Spanish to have a clear picture of what they are being told or taught. The food, I had chosen the most restrictive diet, was at times absolutely delicious and varied, albeit the minuscule portions. Sadly, midway the quality and variety changed drastically, resulting in a repetitive offering of boiled carrots, broccoli and zucchini without any attempt at creating something interesting which was exactly the opposite of what I had experienced during the first three or four days. I can only surmise the chef was on leave, taking with him the innovative cuisine that SHA is renowned for, if that was the case I do hope he returns for the sake of the next wave of guests. All the waiting staff were friendly and multilingual, except for one sneering young waitress who derided me when I requested the apple and carrot juice the consultant had prescribed in addition to my miso broth and two rice crackers breakfast. This happened two mornings in a row. It has been a pleasant and relaxing stay, the surroundings and tight treatment schedule definitely helped in taking my mind off the hunger pangs. I'm happy to report that I lost 6.6 pounds during my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHA is a wellness clinic dedicated to improving people’s health and well-being through a fusion of ancient oriental disciplines and revolutionary western techniques. There are three main areas at SHA: The SHA Method, anti-aging and aesthetics medicine. The aim of these areas is to ensure that all guests enjoy a pleasant stay and leave looking and feeling younger and healthier, revitalised and renewed both inside and out. Guests will experience a fundamental change in their bodies, improving their quality of life, slowing down the aging process and preventing illness. SHA has always ensured that everything is exquisitely planned right down to the finest detail, even before the first stone was laid. Located in a magical setting where peace is the essence, blessed with a warm climate and stunning views that never fail to move even its most distinguished clients. The results speak for themselves: paradise on earth, spread throughout five buildings that are in perfect harmony with the natural surroundings, set atop the beautiful Sierra Helada del Albir, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and close to the peaceful town of Altea, all at the service of your well-being, health and beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your SHA Wellness Clinic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sha Wellness Clinic Hotel El Albir
- Sha Wellness Clinic Albir