We spent two nights at Rhotia Lodge during our Tanzanian safari and it exceeded all our expectations. Our tent was very comfortable with a double and two single beds and amazing views over the countryside from our private balcony. All the staff were very welcoming and the food was excellent. It was my daughter's birthday during our stay and they made her a cake and sung to her in the dining room which made the day really special. Another lovely touch was the hot water bottles in the beds at night to take off the chill. We visited the children's home next door whilst we were there and it was truly inspirational to see what had been done there. I can't recommend this lodge enough and would definitely stay here again if I return to Tanzania in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quietly tucked away on the top of a hill in rural Africa and, at the same time, located in the very heart of the Northern Tanzania safari circuit Rhotia Valley Tented Lodge breathes the atmosphere of true Africa. The lodge is built with indigenous hardwood and in traditional African style. It is in complete harmony with its surroundings. Yet, its spacious set up, personal and friendly service and its finishing touches, such as cozy sofas around the fireplace and warm decorative details, provide a perfectly balanced luxury. With only fifteen individual tents, Rhotia Valley has an intimate charm. Each of the comfortable tented houses has its own veranda with splendid view. The bathrooms are provided with hot and cold running water, shower and flush toilet. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served in our open dining area. Most of the vegetables and all the herbs are grown in our own garden. Daily we bake fresh bread in our Bakery. Moreover, we produce butter from the milk produced by our own cows. Facilities: - Swimming pool with panoramic view. - Wifi is available in the common dining area. - Conference Room fully equipped with beamer and flipchart. Rhotia Valley is more than a lodge. It is completed embedded in the community of Rhotia. Rhotia Valley consists of the Tented Lodge and, on the opposite hill, a CHILDREN'S HOME. Its aim is to give support to the people of the Rhotia area, all the staff and the children in the Home are from the local area. TWO HILLS, ONE GOAL! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rhotia Valley Tented Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rhotia Valley Tented Hotel Karatu
- Rhotia Valley Tented Lodge Tanzania/Karatu