TripAdvisor
Archez
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great menu and fab company!”

Meson Mudejar Vegan
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Archez
Description: 100% plant based cuisine. The restaurant offers a wide range of favourite dishes from the cuisines of the world and shows how to make amazing food with plant-based and local ingredients without compromising on flavour. We are the first 100% vegan b&b and a restaurant in the area.
Reviewed February 11, 2019

We are so lucky that Kinga and Dawid have opened their wonderful vegan restaurant in our village! Eating vegan in Spain is sometimes a challenge, but here you have a wide range of dishes on offer, well cooked and very tasty - they also run a curry night on alternate Fridays. Even if you're not a committed vegan, give the food a try - your body will thank you for it :). See you there!

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed January 21, 2019

A trip here is worthwhile wherever you are in Malaga province. The vegan food is wonderful, cooked and prepared beautifully by the owners Kinga and David. I was on holiday and ate an evening meal here for a week in mid-January and found each one delivered a thrill to the taste buds.
I ate my way through the menu having found this place, hidden away in a beautiful Andalusian white hillside village. Treats such as a dahl different to any I’d eaten previously, a gorgeous cauliflower fried rice, and a cheesy penne which was the best comfort food I’ve had outside home for a long, long time.
Even the sauces and pickles are made fresh in-house for each meal. They make a really good bread from buckwheat that I’d never eaten previously, and also a banana bread that is the best I’ve tasted.
I am sure that eventually the whole of Archez village will be turned on to a plant-based diet.

Reviewed January 17, 2019 via mobile

I am staying in the area and have eaten here every night this week. The food is really excellent. I am vegan and it's wonderful to have so much choice. Nothing is too much trouble for the hosts. When I'm around here again I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed January 10, 2019

Like many of the previous reviewers, my husband and I are neither vegan or vegetarian.
Last night was our third visit to the restaurant and we have booked our 4th for the curry night tomorrow night. Last night we shared a cauliflower wings starter with a lovely chilli dip, we had salten chicken with chunky fries and polish coleslaw and an amazing stir fry for our mains and then a shared chocolate brownie dessert. We were even able to buy a homemade banana loaf to take away which made for a nice breakfast this morning. All of the food is freshly prepared by the owners and is extremely tasty. The restaurant environment is lovely and very clean. Previous reviewers have mentioned the friendliness of the owners David and Kinga. They are lovely people and everyone receives a very warm welcome from them.

Reviewed January 9, 2019

I have been a regular, to the extent possible (I rely on others' wheels) at Meson Mudejar. Owners Kinga and David present affordable and delicious vegan dishes on a varied menus. Meson Mudejar,tucked in the center of this picturesque mountain white village perched in a valley overlooking the Med, and with such beautiful people serving you super tasty foods, including a special Friday night "Curry Night" at a lower fixed price for a three-piece meal. What a deal. What a meal.

Date of visit: December 2018