“Heaven”

Ranked #1 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Tena
Milan, Italy
“Heaven”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have just got back from 4 days at Anacona Lodge. I was there with my husband & 3 kids. We had a lovely time. The bungalows were perfect for us. I loved waking up to the birds and occasioal monkey. Sady my own wildlife (children) were more noisy than the local residents so the monkeys escaped a soon as they saw us. The lodge owners Francisco & Silvia made us feel so welcome. They bent over backwards to make sure our stay was perfect. The food was amazing and we I finally tried sophisticated version of the local food. We loved our day in the forrest and on the river. My 5 year old was particularily taken by what he called "IL MONDO BUTTERFLY". If you are looking into lodges near Tena I would have no doubt . I HIGHLY RECCOMEND ANACONDA LODGE above any of the other small lodges we passed by canoa and far above the larger hotel on the waterfront (that is is basically in the middle of the town and as far as I am concerned). The only downside is that my 5 year old was maybe too young for it. He was lethal and had difficulty appreciating the delicious food. Silvia very kindly sorted out a simple kids menu for him in any case.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank The-Milan-Chick
Francisco R, Propietario at Anaconda Lodge Ecuador, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
"Il Mondo Butterfly", I will always remember that phrase, jajajajajaja...the best!.
It was beutifull for us to met your family and specially you.
Un fuerte abrazo desde la Isla Anaconda (mi oficina)!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I can't say enough good things about my experience at the Anaconda Lodge Ecuador. The location was convenient yet unique, the accommodations were comfortable, the food was excellent, the activities were adventurous and educational, and perhaps most importantly, the people were engaging and extremely hospitable. Our guide was Cesar, and not only was he a "walking encyclopedia," but he literally saved my life when I accidentally fell into the river! The owners, Francisco and Silvia, are unforgettable people and I cherish the opportunity to have met them.

By staying at the Anaconda Lodge, you are directly contributing to the people of the island. There is no greater feeling than knowing you are helping those less fortunate than yourself!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hannah L
Francisco R, Propietario at Anaconda Lodge Ecuador, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Our Dear Friend Hannah, you are such beutifull person!!!!...we love to have people like you has Guest, people that do care about the envioroment...a huge Amazonian Hug!!!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and I were returning to Ecuador after living there a number of years and wanted our children to experience the Ecuador Amazon jungle. We wanted to find a place that they could have an authentic experience.

The Anaconda Lodge delivered all of that and move. It was beyond what we could have expected. Francisco and Silvia were outstanding hosts with wonderful caring hearts for the local people. We were not only able to experience the jungle, but learned so much about the culture and the wonderful people that the Quechuas are. Their staff rivals any 5 star hotel in terms of service and joy to have you stay there.

This was the highlight of our trip to Ecuador and our boys always talk about it. There isnt a day that goes by that my mind goes back to reflect on the time there. We want to return again to enjoy the beauty and wonderful place that Anaconda Lodge is.

The swimming pool which was the Napo river was unforgetable and a unique way to be truly refreshed.

Alex & Beth

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1a2000
Roanoke, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were here only 3 days and 2 nights, but the memories of our experiences will never fade. The lodge is on an island (Anaconda Island) coexisting and intertwined with the Kichwa Indians. The owners Francisco and Silvia are very proactive in providing economic opportunities for the Kichwa without taking advantage. We enjoyed being reliant on the Rio Napo for the only avenue for transportation and for natural beauty and recreation. The lodge's supporting cast of Orion, their beautiful black German Shepherd, Cesar the Naturalist and guide, the cooks and servers led by Silvia, who was filling in as head chef, the boatmen, groundskeepers, the housekeepers, and the Kichwa Shaman were all amazing and there to take care of every need and to enhance the experience. Francisco was very personable and accommodating.

In our short stay we enjoyed fine Ecuadorian meals, tubing on the river (which is very safe by the way), the clean and comfortable cabins, the outstanding lush landscaping all around the lodge, the noises of birds and wildlife from the jungle, the views of the Andes from the riverside, the other guests we met, political discussions with Francisco, playing with Orion, visiting a Kichwa museum with displays of ingenious traps, learning how to shoot a blow dart, visiting an indian home, being escorted to the most amazing butterfly farm across the river, and learning about plants and wildlife on the island. It rained hard one night and the sounds of the rain on the tin roof of the cabin was special. Suggestions: Bring a flashlight for each person in your party, strong bug repellant (was not an issue while we were there, not a mosquito problem around the cabins), and you can ask Silvia to group the tables together so you can enjoy meeting the other guests, if they are so inclined. We missed seeing a Kichwa dance and musical performance, but in 3 days you can't experience everything.

In short, if you want to escape cell phones, internet, and TV come here and enjoy the simple calm of this beautiful and fascinating island with gracious hosts.

Room Tip: They are all in the jungle so don't bother asking for one close to the river. It is not necessar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michael M
Francisco R, Propietario at Anaconda Lodge Ecuador, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Our Dear friends from Texas...it was GREAT having you guys here at the Lodge.
Thank you very much (Ashka Pagrachu) for your beutiful review. Silvia and I made this Lodge with a lots of Love and we try to pass it on. The Native people here; Kichwas are wonderful people, they just whant to show the world that there is a beutiful place on the planet called "Amazon" and we are helping them in there struggle to stop the deforestation.
Thank you again, and we hope to see you back on the Island one day!
Best Regards from Anaconda Island
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am from Ecuador and I sometimes bring friends to see my country, visiting the Amazon is a must, we found Anaconda Lodge by mistake, as our cab driver told us about this place, not your regular hotel, but definitely a place you want to go if you want to get the real Amazon experienced. Francisco, the owner from the hotel immediately received us without reservation and showed us around this amazing place, small, I felt as if I came to someone's home instead of just another hotel. We fall in love with this lodge from the beginning, the quality of people starting from Francisco and Silvia who own the place and their staff is magnificent, full of knowledge of the area, and ready to make your stay the best. As an ecuadorian, I finally got the real taste of the jungle thanks to Anaconda Lodge and their staff .

Room Tip: Sleep in the jungle
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sonia V
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed January 31, 2013

my friend and I stayed there end of december for 3 days - well at the end it has been 4 days as my friend got sick and there was no way for her to travel to quito. the owners, francisco and silvia, were amazing!! they took such good care of my friend and me and what they say on their flyer "welcome to your home in the amazonas" is sooooo true!! you get there, will be warmly greeted and you feel like becoming family! the staff is amazing as well. what i thought was great, that the lodge isn't big like a resort but rather like a family home with excellent food, great guides, lovely warmhearted people, beautiful rooms, great mix of seeing nature and local culture - there's nothing more you can ask for! anaconda lodge - u do such a great job!!! we miss u - francisco, silvia and team :) the swiss girls - sylvie and alessandra.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank yoli_boli
Francisco R, Propietario at Anaconda Lodge Ecuador, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
For us meeting you girls was fantastic, we will always be here waiting for you both in "your home in the Ecuadorian Amazon!. Un beso Gigante para Amabas!.
Munich, Germany
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I just (1hour ago) got back from the Amazonas- AMAZING! I met Silvia and Francisco, the owners of Anaconda Lodge, literally on the canoe on my way to CasaDelSuizo where I was supposed to stay 3nights (this hotel had forgotten to pick me up, so Silvia and Francisco gave me a ride). Realizing that I got to a huge resort in the middle of the jungle, full of large tourist groups (not really what you want going to the jungle, right?), I decided to change lodge- best decision ever. I don't even know where to start: I felt at home at any time, I guess that was the most important thing to me. The hosts are amazing, the lodge itself is fabulous, clean and cozy rooms, very welcoming living room/reception, the food of chef Rodrigo great, the tours very well organized and with very kind and knowledgable guides. Anaconda lodge simply knows what client service means, combined with a spectacular location. You cannot miss out on this experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank KerstinKindl
Our Dear German Mexican friend, I think more mexican. It was marvolous metting you, what a great person you are.
The destination put us at the right time and the right place!
Thank you very much for visiting us, we will always be remembered in anaconda Lodge ecuador.
Pues orale wei, que te vaya de maravillas en Munich!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tena
Cotococha Amazon Lodge
#14 of 56 in Napo Province
Banana Lodge
Banana Lodge
#1 of 12 in Misahualli

Been to Anaconda Lodge Ecuador? Share your experiences!