Anaconda Lodge Ecuador
  • Pool
$104
$169
Priceline
All reviewsevery meallocal culturewealth of knowledgethe riverinteresting storiesamazing experiencefood was fantasticplants and animalsbirthday cakean excellent guidenight tourfelt completely safeserved freshturkish girlsgracious hostsamazon regionpersonal attention
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and I were returning to Ecuador after living there a number of years and wanted our children to experience the Ecuador Amazon jungle. We wanted to find a place that they could have an authentic experience.

The Anaconda Lodge delivered all of that and move. It was beyond what we could have expected. Francisco and Silvia were outstanding hosts with wonderful caring hearts for the local people. We were not only able to experience the jungle, but learned so much about the culture and the wonderful people that the Quechuas are. Their staff rivals any 5 star hotel in terms of service and joy to have you stay there.

This was the highlight of our trip to Ecuador and our boys always talk about it. There isnt a day that goes by that my mind goes back to reflect on the time there. We want to return again to enjoy the beauty and wonderful place that Anaconda Lodge is.

The swimming pool which was the Napo river was unforgetable and a unique way to be truly refreshed.

Alex & Beth

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1a2000
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were here only 3 days and 2 nights, but the memories of our experiences will never fade. The lodge is on an island (Anaconda Island) coexisting and intertwined with the Kichwa Indians. The owners Francisco and Silvia are very proactive in providing economic opportunities for the Kichwa without taking advantage. We enjoyed being reliant on the Rio Napo for the only avenue for transportation and for natural beauty and recreation. The lodge's supporting cast of Orion, their beautiful black German Shepherd, Cesar the Naturalist and guide, the cooks and servers led by Silvia, who was filling in as head chef, the boatmen, groundskeepers, the housekeepers, and the Kichwa Shaman were all amazing and there to take care of every need and to enhance the experience. Francisco was very personable and accommodating.

In our short stay we enjoyed fine Ecuadorian meals, tubing on the river (which is very safe by the way), the clean and comfortable cabins, the outstanding lush landscaping all around the lodge, the noises of birds and wildlife from the jungle, the views of the Andes from the riverside, the other guests we met, political discussions with Francisco, playing with Orion, visiting a Kichwa museum with displays of ingenious traps, learning how to shoot a blow dart, visiting an indian home, being escorted to the most amazing butterfly farm across the river, and learning about plants and wildlife on the island. It rained hard one night and the sounds of the rain on the tin roof of the cabin was special. Suggestions: Bring a flashlight for each person in your party, strong bug repellant (was not an issue while we were there, not a mosquito problem around the cabins), and you can ask Silvia to group the tables together so you can enjoy meeting the other guests, if they are so inclined. We missed seeing a Kichwa dance and musical performance, but in 3 days you can't experience everything.

In short, if you want to escape cell phones, internet, and TV come here and enjoy the simple calm of this beautiful and fascinating island with gracious hosts.

Room Tip: They are all in the jungle so don't bother asking for one close to the river. It is not necessary.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael M
Francisco R, Propietario at Anaconda Lodge Ecuador, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Our Dear friends from Texas...it was GREAT having you guys here at the Lodge.
Thank you very much (Ashka Pagrachu) for your beutiful review. Silvia and I made this Lodge with a lots of Love and we try to pass it on. The Native people here; Kichwas are wonderful people, they just whant to show the world that there is a beutiful place on the planet called "Amazon" and we are helping them in there struggle to stop the deforestation.
Thank you again, and we hope to see you back on the Island one day!
Best Regards from Anaconda Island

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am from Ecuador and I sometimes bring friends to see my country, visiting the Amazon is a must, we found Anaconda Lodge by mistake, as our cab driver told us about this place, not your regular hotel, but definitely a place you want to go if you want to get the real Amazon experienced. Francisco, the owner from the hotel immediately received us without reservation and showed us around this amazing place, small, I felt as if I came to someone's home instead of just another hotel. We fall in love with this lodge from the beginning, the quality of people starting from Francisco and Silvia who own the place and their staff is magnificent, full of knowledge of the area, and ready to make your stay the best. As an ecuadorian, I finally got the real taste of the jungle thanks to Anaconda Lodge and their staff .

Room Tip: Sleep in the jungle
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sonia V
Reviewed January 31, 2013

my friend and I stayed there end of december for 3 days - well at the end it has been 4 days as my friend got sick and there was no way for her to travel to quito. the owners, francisco and silvia, were amazing!! they took such good care of my friend and me and what they say on their flyer "welcome to your home in the amazonas" is sooooo true!! you get there, will be warmly greeted and you feel like becoming family! the staff is amazing as well. what i thought was great, that the lodge isn't big like a resort but rather like a family home with excellent food, great guides, lovely warmhearted people, beautiful rooms, great mix of seeing nature and local culture - there's nothing more you can ask for! anaconda lodge - u do such a great job!!! we miss u - francisco, silvia and team :) the swiss girls - sylvie and alessandra.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank yoli_boli
Francisco R, Propietario at Anaconda Lodge Ecuador, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

For us meeting you girls was fantastic, we will always be here waiting for you both in "your home in the Ecuadorian Amazon!. Un beso Gigante para Amabas!.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I just (1hour ago) got back from the Amazonas- AMAZING! I met Silvia and Francisco, the owners of Anaconda Lodge, literally on the canoe on my way to CasaDelSuizo where I was supposed to stay 3nights (this hotel had forgotten to pick me up, so Silvia and Francisco gave me a ride). Realizing that I got to a huge resort in the middle of the jungle, full of large tourist groups (not really what you want going to the jungle, right?), I decided to change lodge- best decision ever. I don't even know where to start: I felt at home at any time, I guess that was the most important thing to me. The hosts are amazing, the lodge itself is fabulous, clean and cozy rooms, very welcoming living room/reception, the food of chef Rodrigo great, the tours very well organized and with very kind and knowledgable guides. Anaconda lodge simply knows what client service means, combined with a spectacular location. You cannot miss out on this experience!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank KerstinKindl

Our Dear German Mexican friend, I think more mexican. It was marvolous metting you, what a great person you are.
The destination put us at the right time and the right place!
Thank you very much for visiting us, we will always be remembered in anaconda Lodge ecuador.
Pues orale wei, que te vaya de maravillas en Munich!