“Expensive Walk”

Sywell Country Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Ecton
Reviewed March 28, 2014

While this is a nice walk, it is only a 45 minute one. But it still costs £2.60 to park. This has to be the most expensive car park in Northampton at £2.60 for less than 1 hour!

2  Thank BarkingMad_13
There are newer reviews for Sywell Country Park

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Plenty for younger children to do, 2 play areas and plenty of picnic spaces. A 3 mile walk around the reservoir. A pity the main cafe has gone and the mobile cafe is not always open. Also bikes are not allowed around the reservoir.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

You can walk or cycle and also take pets. We normally take a picnic or snacks but you can also buy ice creams.

1  Thank Maud E
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Unfortunately, the people made this a bad trip! We took my parents for a walk, being new to the area. Unfortunately, it was extremely muddy and some places were almost impassable, but it was the dog owners who made it a difficult walk. We have a dog ourselves so know that dogs are likely to be off lead in the countryside, but when elder people and small children are about, and the conditions are difficult, dogs off leads are tricky! My mother was nearly knocked over by a dog who leapt up at her when she was passing through a tricky patch of mud and the owner simply laughed even when my shocked mother asked if the owner could get him off before she fell. I was also left mudded to the waist after two greyhounds decided to sandwich me between their tall muddy bodies. The owner had not control and there was no apology. I have no problem with dogs off leads as long as the owners can a). control them, and b). apologise if they leap up at walkers - especially those who are vulnerable. The majority of dog walkers we saw had, appropriately given the mud and conditions, kept their dogs on leads and were very polite when passing. If your dog needs freedom, I would kindly ask you to take it to a less public area. A shame about the few.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I never gave this an excellent because I think the facilities could have been a little nearer especially if you are disabled. Nevertheless the small cafe is very good with a small shop and places to sit for a well earned cuppa. You can walk all around the lake which makes good to walk off the sunday lunch. I will come back again when the birds arrive