“Nice walk or on the bike”

Sywell Country Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Ecton
Reviewed February 21, 2014

You can walk or cycle and also take pets. We normally take a picnic or snacks but you can also buy ice creams.

1  Thank Maud E

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Unfortunately, the people made this a bad trip! We took my parents for a walk, being new to the area. Unfortunately, it was extremely muddy and some places were almost impassable, but it was the dog owners who made it a difficult walk. We have a dog ourselves so know that dogs are likely to be off lead in the countryside, but when elder people and small children are about, and the conditions are difficult, dogs off leads are tricky! My mother was nearly knocked over by a dog who leapt up at her when she was passing through a tricky patch of mud and the owner simply laughed even when my shocked mother asked if the owner could get him off before she fell. I was also left mudded to the waist after two greyhounds decided to sandwich me between their tall muddy bodies. The owner had not control and there was no apology. I have no problem with dogs off leads as long as the owners can a). control them, and b). apologise if they leap up at walkers - especially those who are vulnerable. The majority of dog walkers we saw had, appropriately given the mud and conditions, kept their dogs on leads and were very polite when passing. If your dog needs freedom, I would kindly ask you to take it to a less public area. A shame about the few.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I never gave this an excellent because I think the facilities could have been a little nearer especially if you are disabled. Nevertheless the small cafe is very good with a small shop and places to sit for a well earned cuppa. You can walk all around the lake which makes good to walk off the sunday lunch. I will come back again when the birds arrive

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have been to this park twice (in different seasons) and it was great both times. The old reservoir, complete with Edwardian buildings, is a wonderful place for a gentle stroll. You can really get away from all the hustle and bustle of modern life. The walk all the way round the reservoir can take over 90 mins but it's well worth it. Whether you're on your own, as a couple or as a family, there is something for everyone. An excellent play area for the kids, easy parking (fee payable), toilets and a small cafe make for a pleasant visit.
Recommended for a visit at any time of the year.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

What is there to say about this place wonderful easy parking & some lovely walks wonderful for dogs as well