“Brilliant Love Love Love it!!”

Sywell Country Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Ecton
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a fantastic place for the family, it has a lovely sandy play area that isnt too big to great for little ones but has water play with pumps and pools for bigger kids. Its only about 5k round the walk so is walk-able (or run-able) and has a nice Homeopathic garden.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place, parking prices are creeping up we park near by and start our walk early. We love taking our dogs for a walk. Only really one route takes us an hour or so. Not the best for buggy. Have seen a grass snake! Beautiful lake. Well maintained park. BBQ areas, sand play area and pond dipping.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

lots to do with the walks around the reservoir and the large sand area for toddlers and general picnic site plenty of areas to play ball games

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've been a few times now since we moved nearer here a couple of years ago. It's a really lovely place. You can walk round the whole reservoir (which doesn't really take too long). You can walk part way down one side and then go back. or you can just wander round the gardens and over the damn. It's an excellent place for children with the sand pit play area. There's lots of places to sit if you want to take a picnic and get some shade under some of the big trees near the entrance. There's even a little café/shop if you want a drink or an ice lolly, etc (though I don't usually go in there). There's lots or wild plants all round and numerous birds, so it's a nature lovers paradise and great for teaching kids about the great outdoors. It's always clean and tidy.
There are some parts of the walk round which aren't 'paved' but these are only usually a problem when it's wet and gets muddy.
The only problem I have is that when paying for the parking there only one 'band of time' you can pay for which is, I think, 12 hours. So if you only want to stay for an hour or so you're obviously paying a bit more, but I assume that if you leave and keep your ticket you could come back later in the day and not pay...
Anyway, I don't come here on a regular basis but every time I do I end up thinking "I should really come here more often, it's really nice".

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is a nice walk round the reservoir about 2 miles I think. There are refreshments and toilet facilities and lots of wild life to see and a shop.
You do have to pay for parking word of warning don't park on the grass verge outside the park to avoid parking charges you will be fined!