See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

We attended this hotel with family and were pretty excited to be going. Being tattooed I am unable to use a public Onsen so my father in law booked a room with a private one so that we could drop in and use it.

Our room was a small, tired and smelt bad. There were stains on the walls in multiple places and in some places the walls were actually falling apart. The furniture was all damaged in some way either chipped, scratched or heavily used.

Bathroom was tiny, so small that I could touch all 4 walls when I stood in the centre. I am 5.8, but anyone tall enough to ride a roller coaster would struggle.

The lift system is tedious, small and slow. It also closes its doors on you after a couple of seconds and repeats this until you have left. Which was pretty awful with a baby in a stroller and elderly lady in a wheelchair.

I am unable to comment on the public Onsen as I mentioned earlier I cannot use it. But the private Onsen featured dirty tiles and took an entire evening to fill up.

Dinner was very tasty, well presented and the waiting staff were very nice. We had multiple courses and each one was top work.

Breakfast was average, a large buffet with fruits and eggs etc. I didn't eat much but each time I went up to get the things I had wanted they were gone. Probably just bad timing as it seemed very well stocked.

I wouldn't attend this hotel again by choice unless they decide to remodel.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

We just spend a night at this onsen hotel. The hotel is located at mid hill. Is take about 10min from town center. The buffet dinner was excellent, it have a lot of variety to choose Japanese food as well as international food. The onsen pool was great. During the stay, we stay at Japanese style room. The room was very big, well maintained and very comfort. There is a small gift shop located at hotel lobby. The most interesting part for this hotel is the hotel lift. It's looks and function like a cable car, very interesting. However, the lift a bit slow and small. When there is a group of tourist check in, you need to wait some time for the lift.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank L2074CWrobertk
Reviewed January 5, 2015 via mobile

It's our first family trip ever and I couldn't be more thankful and pleased with the service of this hotel. From the parking area, a coaster took us to the hotel's entrance. Check-in was a breeze (ofcourse if you speak Japanese).
Our room was cozy with a perfect view of the city and the mountains. But the best part was the buffet dinner. Crabs, steak, , desserts and many more. For the first time my husband ate sushi! The service was beyond our expectations.

The view from the hot bath was spectacular and the water felt good. It made our skin smooth and soft.

One suggestion to make the hotel even more family-friendly is a kid's play area. Our 8 month old baby was still wide awake at 10 pm so we had walk around the hotel until she felt tired. The hotel staff mentioned a babysitting service available but only if a reservation was made. It would have been nice if a play area was available for parents to play with their babies or toddlers.

But overall the experience was great. Will book again for a friend who will propose to his girlfriend and for another family getaway.

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had a dinner buffet there. It was incredible with a huge variety of japanese food. One gets to cook the meat on a little pot and we had endless supply of the large Japanese crabs. Great food great variety. They even have a live band performance during dinner.

The hotel offer a hotspring bath with a view of the alpine mountain. I heard it has the best hotspring bath in town.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotel was located on a hill, about 10 to 15 mins by foot if you wish to check out the streets and the hotel's surroundings. There was a hot spring within the hotel and there were both indoors and outdoors. I preferred the outdoors more because I could soak in the tub, breathe in the cold air and take in the scenery all at once. The rooms each had its own balcony, with a really nice view of the surroundings, which was separated from the room by a panel of glass sliding doors.

The room was rather spacious and clean but slightly small. It was laid with tatami mats and we were pleasantly surprised when we saw the futons that were prepared nicely for us after we had returned to the room from dinner. As for the bathroom, it was kind of cramp but really clean and the bathtub and toilet area were separated only by the shower curtain so water might get out a little if it is not drawn properly.

The service of the hotel staff was excellent. They were extremely helpful in helping us with directions when we asked for the nearest convenience store.

With regard to the buffet breakfast, there was a wide variety available for hotel guests to choose from. Also, at the lobby, there is a gift shop that sold snacks and souvenirs.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay there and would definitely recommend to travellers.

Date of stay: March 2013