“Modern hotel, very bad service”
Review of Hotel Almatur

Hotel Almatur
Ranked #3 of 5 Yusufeli B&B and Inns
Prague
“Modern hotel, very bad service”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

While we arrived to this hotel we were excited. Nice modern rooms, fast net connection, clean, very "Alps style" inside. Noise of the river which was complained in many reviews was nice, it is nature...
Our window/door outside was rather hard to close but my husband is tall so he could manage.
Real fun came while we were opening/closing bathroom door. It squeaked so loudly corpse would get up...but it was funny in some absurd way. And that is all nice I can say about this facility.
Dinner - we came at 8:30 p.m as receptionist told us it is an opening time due to the Ramadan. It was not true, people were just ending them dinners. Waiter asked us:You want some think? While we replied yes, we would like to have menu we got as an reply that they are out of food and he left. I called him back and asked if he really does not even soup or rice. He said o.k, I will give you rice and soup and he left again. I called him back again and asked if he means really they are out of food. That receptionist told us to come in some time, there is big menu in the rooms so is he really sure there is no food to eat? He asked what I want and while I asked chicken? I got fine in replay and he left. In 3min we got 1 soup, 1 plate of rice and 1 plate of chicken sote on the table!!! It means they had it ready. It was there, he was lying to us. We did not have a will to request 2 portions so we shared and left.
Breakfast - no plates, at 8:15 a.m 1 plate with fries - 5 pcs, some cheeses, no bread and vegetable at all but any way you did not have on what to put the food... No yoghurt what shall be standard. After some search I found bread in plastic back behind the counter so other guests started to take from there too. Same waiter came after few min and asked us if we wants some think else. He did not get my replay that plates would be good but after few min he found out himself. We asked him for yoghurt and he was surprised it is not on the table. So he brought us from the kitchen but just to us he did not give any to the buffet...! If you think he add e.g bread to the baskets or missing food to the buffet plates you are wrong. We drunk just tea but I saw a man he wanted to take juice. There was 6 Cappy 1l boxes but while he tried he got from all 1/2 of the glass. Little bit sad taking to the consideration that breakfast was open like 45min in that moment... Next day it was similar, we did not have courage and will to try it for dinner again. I would like to say I speak fluent Turkish so there was no miss understanding it was just so strange behavior and experience we never have like this around whole Turkey.

Room Tip: Check what ever is broken in your room and try to change before you unpack - fixing and finishing th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Ben Lomond, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spent three nights at the Hotel Almatur in Yusufeli and enjoyed my stay. Great service from the staff and nice clean rooms with view of the town. The restaurant on top floor went out of their way to serve me a non-meat dinner which was much appreciated. The view over the town from the large windows in the restaurant were stunning. Some complained of the sound of the river but I loved it and it helped sooth me to sleep. Only negetive thing was noise in middle of night from moing tables or chairs in the resturant but I assume that was the only time to mop and clean so that was forgiven. Loved the stay and it is a shame that Yusufeli is destined to be flooded for a dam under construction. Highly recommended to visit this area if possible before it is flooded nd Hotel Almatur is a nic, comfortable place to make your stay while here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 12, 2012

A nice and modern hotel with a young english speaking man at the desk. This was the most European-like hotel I have been during my tour of north eastern Turkey, although it did have Turkish glitches like a loose toilet seat and a door of the shower enclosure which was installed the wrong way around... A pleasant surprise and welcome stay after all the dust of travel. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Marko T
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here in August 2012, having booked through "booking.com" as the hotel itself didn't seem to have a website and I couldn't find a telephone number. We were basically happy with it. I have given it 4 stars because my previous experience of a hotel in Yusufeli was very unsatisfactory. Here are some plus and minus points.
Plus points:
- New building, new decor, new rooms, all very clean. (As a result, it does perhaps slightly lack character, but given my previous Yusufeli hotel experience I didn't mind.)
- Restaurant on the top (5th floor) with decent food at a very reasonable price (TKL 100 for two dinners, each for 4 people, i.e. TKL 12.5 per person)
- Wifi. (This worked pretty well, although not perfectly)
- Friendly staff. (One speaks reasonable English; another speaks fluent French; others just Turkish.)
- Reasonable price for rooms.
Minus points:
- Noise. (For some reason the doors all seem to slam unless closed with extreme care; I slept with earplugs.)
- No alcohol in the restaurant. (In fact, I am not sure if there is any alcohol in Yusufeli.)

Overall, I was very satisfied with the hotel and would use it again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Anthony S
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We are travelling frequently to this area of Turkey and have stayed almost in all hotels in Yusufeli.
During recent trip we have discovered this new hotel. It is newly built high class hotel located in the center of Yusufeli on Barhal river. Rooms are clean and service is good. Staff of the hotel is very helpful and speaks good English. Very nice views of Yusufeli from the hotel restaurant, which is located on the 5th floor. Hotel is an exellent base for touring in the area. I am giving the hotel positive recommendation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Giorgi391

Been to Hotel Almatur? Share your experiences!