“Just yummy”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Lovely fresh potatoes made into fluffy chips. We just snacked here yesterday in the sunshine and oh so tasty. I have eaten their fish and chips before and it's consistently very good. The place is spotlessly clean n and out. Will be back again very soon.

1  Thank Karentipp

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Saltee islands here on Saturday. When I got off the boat I decided to try "the best chipper in Ireland) I was a little apprehensive when I saw the queue but it looked like people were getting served quick enough, the line shortening and people leaving with food. I ordered chips batter burger and peas, the inside is very narrow and little did I know that there was 2 queues, one for order, one for collection. Nobody informed me I would have to wait 40 minutes for the food. When I ordered I was asked if I would like salt and vinegar on the chips which I said I did. When I finally got my food and got back to my car there was no salt and vinegar, the chips were nothing special Macaris is much nicer. The batter burger. Well lets just say 2 bites and it was gone it was so small, although not really complaining as it wasn't very nice. The peas had not been seasoned either. All in all I really don't know how it has so many 'Excellent' reviews

1  Thank Chriswild31
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is by far the best chipper in Ireland. I have never tasted fish so good. The Monkfish and Cod were so fresh, perfectly seasoned and not overlooked as in most places. This fish was far better than anything I have ever tasted in restaurants charging four times as much. The chips were also great although the helpings are quite large. one helping is more than enough for two adults. Kilmore Quay itself has really improved in appearance over the past year and really looks well.

1  Thank arctictern
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Lots of locals vIsiting which must mean something. Inevitably there were ques, even when ringing with orders for a large party.

1  Thank ShellDoncaster
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The chipper is located just across from the fishing port in Kilmore so you're fish doesn't have far to travel! After a bracing walk around the port and along the beach to look at the Saltee Islands the old adage that sea air makes you hungry seems to ring true. This place is often very busy but it's worth the wait. The fresh fish and real potato chips are just gorgeous. And sitting eating them looking out at the views just makes it better (there are only a few picnic benches outside, it is purely a takeaway inside). There is a big kids playground nearby to entertain the kids while you wait for your order. Great spot.

1  Thank MamDadandkids